This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
May 14, 2019 at 12:15 pm #3806623

sofiaS-4

I am trying to:
Configure Paypal Payment Gateway (https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-gateway-paypal-express-checkout/) and in the settings of this gateway the translation selector conflicts with every other selector and it doesn't let me configure the plugin.

if I deactivate the woocommerce multilingual plugin and make the changes that I want in the paypal payment gateway it works, but then when I enable woocommerce multilingual again and try to translate the translation is not getting rendered in the frontend.

May 14, 2019 at 4:28 pm #3809143

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

Could you please try to run the site in minimal setup to see if the issue persists?

Please disable any additional plugin that is not related to WPML and its add-ons.

If the issue disappears please start reactivating any plugins, or activate them in small groups. This way please verify at which points the issue appears again to indicate the plugin that is causing the issue.

Also please change to a default theme like TwentySeventeen to see if the issue might be theme related.

Further, you could enable the wp-debug feature to see if there are any current PHP errors given. Follow the instruction below to obtain a debug.log file and provide us the results.

More information about how to activate this feature you can find here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Kind regards
Andreas

May 15, 2019 at 6:56 am #3812795

sofiaS-4

I narrowed it down to the libraries that are used.
It seems that my theme uses select2 library and there must be a conflict, but there are no errors in the console whatsoever.
The issue is gone if I deactivate woocommerce multilingual it comes back when woocommerce multilingual activates

May 15, 2019 at 5:13 pm #3819009

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please install the Motors Theme and your Child Theme to the following test site in order to test the theme for compatibility?

One Click Login: hidden link

Please leave me a short notification once the themes are installed.

Kind regards
Andreas

May 16, 2019 at 6:56 am #3822307

sofiaS-4

I installed the themes in the sandbox.
You can check it out

May 16, 2019 at 10:45 pm #3829749

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I have tested the WooCommerce Payment Gateway Plugin on the test site and I did not expereince with your currently used theme.

There might be an issue with another plugin. Did you try to disable any additional plugin but WooCommerce and WPML and its add-ons?

I would further invite you to add more plugins from your live site to the test site for further testing.

Further, you could enable the wp-debug feature to see if there are any current PHP errors given. This will create a debug.log file in your wp-content folder. Please provide me the outcome.
More information about how to activate this feature you can find here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Woocommerce multilingual conflicts with Paypal Payment Gateway.’ is closed to new replies.