This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Andrés 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrés.

Author Posts
April 5, 2018 at 6:33 am #1565530

adiuvoV

I am trying to: Define a standard variaton(standard formvalue) in Woocommerce for all languages.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: I expected to see that there is a specific defined value. In the main language this is indeed the case so that works fine. but when you switch the language to lets say English. Then instead of getting the predefined option. you get the text "Choose an option" while this should be "excluding big bag" because i selected it in the main language. If we could edit this our selfs it wouldnt be a problem. But because of wpml we cannot edit everything because its locked in the translation section.

We have had this ticket open before but it was already closed. As Bruno requested i added the plugin All in one migration.

April 6, 2018 at 6:20 am #1566764

Ankit

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML.

For better assistance, I would request you to kindly share the debug information of your website. For more information on same, please refer: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Could you please do following for me?

1. Deactivate all non-related wpml plugins and switch to default wordpress theme, check if similar issue still persists or not? If not, then please activate the deactivated plugins one by one and check if issue appears. If all the plugins are activated and issue is not appearing, activate your theme and check if issue appears.

This can be somewhat non-trivial task, so it will be better if you can perform this test on development/staging server of your website.

IMPORTANT: Please take database and file backup of your website before performing these steps, it may require in case something goes wrong.

2. Could you please also let me know if all the variations are translated properly and if you are translating the products using Translation Editor?

Regards,
Ankit G.

April 6, 2018 at 6:42 am #1566788

adiuvoV

Thanks for your reply,

But with our previous ticket from Bruno, He requested that we updated the website and all the plugins. And add All in one import so that he can make a copy out of the website and debug the site for a solution.

So we hope you can do the same for us. Or take the ticket to him.

April 6, 2018 at 7:44 am #1566843

Ankit

To further debug the problem I’d like to replicate your site locally. For this I'll need to temporarily install a plugin called "Duplicator" on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. If you prefer to do it on your own, you can provide me with the snapshot following these directions:

If you already know how Duplicator works (http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/), please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

Please refer screenshot attached, remember to enable the filters and exlude the things as shown in screenshot:

+ wp-uploads
+ cache
+ media
+ archive

Excluding these things will help in keeping the snapshot size minimum

:: Duplicator instructions
hidden link

. Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big)

IMPORTANT: remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won't be able to login. You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.

Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site.

I am enabling private message for your next reply so that you can send me snapshot link and admin details of account you will create for me.

Regards
Ankit G.

April 10, 2018 at 7:18 am #1578795

adiuvoV

I have added the plugin to the website.

Can you activate a private message so i can send you the login for the website?

April 10, 2018 at 8:15 am #1579278

Ankit

I would request you consider providing me with temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply (See attachment). The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

April 18, 2018 at 9:20 am #1671883

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello there,

As Ankit is not available I would like to take care of your case.

I have access to your site and I could reproduce this situation, however I can't reproduce it on another site. This means that is related to your WordPress installation.

1. Could you please upgrade:
- WordPress.
- WPML package to 3.9.4.
- WooCommerce 3.3.5

Does the problem persist?

2. If that is the case, could you install another plugin as All-in-One WP Migration as Duplicator plugin does not work on your site?
https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/

Thank you for your help.
Andrés

April 23, 2018 at 3:08 pm #1771911

adiuvoV

We will update the website tomorrow. The plugin is already added.

April 24, 2018 at 5:50 am #1779566

Andrés
Supporter

Perfect, we will be waiting for your comments.
Regards

May 2, 2018 at 6:20 am #1921586

adiuvoV

Sorry, Because we couldn't update the website sooner than today this ticket was left open we will respond when it's done

May 2, 2018 at 6:24 am #1921598

Andrés
Supporter

No problem, keep us informed.
Regards

May 3, 2018 at 6:02 am #1947057

adiuvoV

The website has been updated,

And the plugin Duplicator is installed on the WordPress platform.

You can now make a copy

May 3, 2018 at 7:28 am #1948693

Andrés
Supporter

I made another copy with Duplicator but it also didn't work again. Could you please install All in one migration plugin?

I also took advantage and made a test with a new product and it worked fine. If you are having this issue only with one product, could you consider to remove the current and create a new one?

May 4, 2018 at 6:17 am #1969039

adiuvoV

I have added the plugin you requested, so you can make a copy.

Also i'll check if i can add another product and recreate the product where the problem persists to see if that helps

May 4, 2018 at 6:38 am #1969130

Andrés
Supporter

Please let me know your results as I would need to deactivate some plugins that are interfering for making a copy of your site.