Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

All of the known issues are documented in https://wpml.org/known-issues/ you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described here https://wpml.org/faq/checklist-before-opening-a-ticket-in-wpml-support/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 24 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by vladimirJ-8 15 hours, 27 minutes ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
March 25, 2019 at 1:16 pm

vladimirJ-8

I am trying to:
Setup multicurrency to show in czech language CZK and in German Euro

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see: Currency in Euro

Instead, I got: Currency in CZK

March 25, 2019 at 10:01 pm #3458387

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello

I was unable to replicate this behaviour on my local server using the Storefront theme and standard Woocommerce products.
Screencast: hidden link

My suspicion is that the behaviour you have on your site is the result of some kind of compatibility issue with either a plugin or with your theme.

As a diagnostic step, please temporarily deactivate all of your non-WPML plugins and also temporarily change your active theme to Storefront. With this setup, are you seeing the same behavior when you view a standard Woocommerce product?

If not, then first try changing your active theme back to Avada and see if the wrong behaviour comes back. Otherwise, start activating your plugins one-by-one , testing in between each activation, to see if you are able to determine which plugin is causing the bad behaviour.

Thanks

March 26, 2019 at 4:32 pm #3464627

vladimirJ-8

Thank you, Yvette,

I'll test it out and will come back to you with the results I get.

Best Regards,
Vladimir

March 26, 2019 at 7:43 pm #3465981

Yvette
Supporter

Ok -just reply with your testing results when you are ready. We´ll be here.

March 27, 2019 at 2:19 pm #3471887

vladimirJ-8

Good morning Yvette,

I run through the test, but the currency won't change and I guess that's because we selling the tickets through Event Tickets Plus by tribute plugin which should be fully supported by WPML.

Do you know about any workaround how to show the currency even there? It basically takes the price data from the Woocommerce so it should be possible.

Thank you,
V.

March 27, 2019 at 10:01 pm #3475911

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I´ve done some internal research and I can confirm that Event Ticket Plus is not included in the list of comaptible WPML plugins:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/?wpv_view_count=119945&dev=1355622&wpv-plugin-functionality=0&wpv_post_search=&wpv_filter_submit=Search

Specifically for this plugin, I can see that there has been an effort since 2016 to get the plugin to work with WPML with the last update to the work ticket made in Nov 2018

For compatibility questions/issues such as yours, we would ask your collaboration to do the following:

1. Login to this test sandbox site which has been configured/loaded with the latest WPML releases Woocommerce and the Storefront theme.

2. Please then upload the plugin : Event Tickets Plus

3. Setup a simple example that illustrates your problem.

4. Write back with steps to reproduce the issue on this sandbox site.
hidden link

I can then confirm the problem and send this to the compatibiltiy team for investigation. They will be able to answer your question if there is an answer.

Thanks for your cooperation.

March 27, 2019 at 10:35 pm #3476005

vladimirJ-8

Thank you Yvette,

I simulated the environment on your demo page.
All is now ready for testing. This is the page you can see the results:
hidden link

Best Regards,
Vladimir

March 28, 2019 at 1:43 am #3476449

Yvette
Supporter

Hi

In the sandbox site, it seems to be working as expected. Please see this screencast and then confirm it for yourself.

I have set Spanish = Euro and English = GBP
When I view the Spanish Event the price is shown in Euro
When I view the English Event, the price is shown in GBP.

Screencast: hidden link

Is this representative of what you are trying to do on your own site?
If so, then the problem is not with the plugin...something else is interfering with the functionality.

If I have misunderstood what should be happening, please explain the steps I should do to see the problem on the sandbox site.

Thanks

March 29, 2019 at 8:32 am #3489021

vladimirJ-8

Hi Yvette,

thank you for your response. This is correct I trying to get the effect on the page of the event and also on the page where are events listed as you can see in the print screens.

On my site, I still can't get the results so it will need deeper testing.

When I saw your video the currency symbol changes but the amount is still the same. Are there any other settings where the recalculation needs to be activated?

Thank you
V.

March 29, 2019 at 6:11 pm #3493785

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

Hmm - thank you for pointing that out. Indeed, the price is not being recalculated.

The currency is changing per language, but the actual price is not.

My suspicion is that multicurrency pricing is only supported with standard Woocommerce product types: simple, variable..etc.

To extend the multicurrency pricing support to other 3rd party post types will require additional coding from both sides (WPML and the plugin author).

In any case, I think we have setup a clear example of the compatibility issues that are currently present with the plugin - primarily that multicurrency pricing is not applied.

Do you agree?

March 30, 2019 at 2:52 pm #3498789

vladimirJ-8

Hello Yvette,

you are correct, I tried to contact also the creators of the Event Ticket Plus plugin asking them about any future plans to fix this small compatibility issue and let's see what their next development steps are.

In meanwhile can you please as a professional from WPML recommend me some other ticket ordering system which is fully supported by WPML and also has a Woocommerce integration?

This website is for my client so I trying my best to deliver him the requested features.

Thank you,
Vladimir

March 30, 2019 at 3:12 pm #3498801

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I´m sorry but we don´t seem to have a recommended solution for that. I would suggest that you review the list of tested plugins here to see if there is anything that might meed your needs:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

Should I go ahead and escalate this issue to our compatibility team? or will you now search for another solution?

March 31, 2019 at 10:50 am #3501771

vladimirJ-8

Hello Yvette,

Thank you for the list it really doesn't seem to be any better system supported by the WPML.
So we will definitely stay with their system and therefore I'll be happy to escalate this issue to the compatibility team.

Is there any chance to get a notification when the issue will be sorted?

April 2, 2019 at 12:36 am #3512231

Yvette
Supporter

Hello
Your ticket has now been transferred to the compatibility team for further investigation.

April 2, 2019 at 11:04 am #3516341

vladimirJ-8

Thank you Yvette,

I got already the reply from the Tribute team with the interest to improve this feature and hope your and their team get in touch soon to make this work.

Yvette, I really appreciate your support over time and will be happy to get notified when all will be ready and work.

Al the best,
Vladimir