Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by walterD-3 5 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Pierre.

Author Posts
April 16, 2015 at 7:31 am #600401

walterD-3

Hello,
When i translate a product through woocommerce multilingual interface, wpml automatically adds backslashes before single quote. Tried to just remove the backslash and click update button but doesn't work.
I've also tried to follow the solution mentioned here, but nothing..i can't get rid of backslashes.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/woocommerce-multilingual-slash-before-single-quotes-on-translations-2/
Please help!!
Thank you

April 16, 2015 at 6:07 pm #600965

Pierre
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for your message!

I didn't to reproduce this issue on my test site. Could you provide some more details on the steps you're taking? It would be great if you can provide some screenshots.

Could you try to temporarily deactivate all plugins except WPML, WooCommerce, WooCommerce Multilingual ? If the problem still there, can you try to temporarily switch to the parent theme ?

Regards,
Pierre

April 17, 2015 at 7:57 am #601169

walterD-3

Hi Pierre,
thanks for reply.

I tried to deactivate all plugins and switch to the parent theme.. still adding backslashes before quotes.
I just go to WPML > WooCommerce Multilingual > Products, i translate a product and after i save it adds backslashes.
It happens with all languages except for Italian, which is the main one.
Could it be a problem with the hosting?
This is just driving me crazy. Please help.

Best regards
Luca

April 17, 2015 at 8:09 am #601183

walterD-3

Can't find the secure form to give you access to my site.

April 17, 2015 at 1:46 pm #601478

Pierre
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hello Luca,

As I can see, this problem occurs only with local attributes, that's right?

I still don't manage to reproduce it on my test site.

In order to be of better help, I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Please take a full database backup previously.

Regards,
Pierre

April 17, 2015 at 5:36 pm #601669

Pierre
Supporter

Luca,

Thanks for the details. As it is limited to local attributes, I suspect a compatibility issue with another plugin.

Could you try to temporarily deactivate all plugins except WPML (+addons), WooCommerce, WooCommerce Multilingual and check if you still have the problem?

Regards,
Pierre

April 18, 2015 at 9:12 pm #601923

walterD-3

Hi Pierre,

I tried to deactivate all plugins, even tried to switch to default theme but still having the issue.
I don't really know what i could do now...
Hope you'll find a solution for me, i'd be very grateful.

Best Regards,
Luca

April 20, 2015 at 1:40 pm #602551

Pierre
Supporter

Hi Luca,

In order to troubleshoot this issue, I will need to deploy a copy of your site on my local server.
Could you provide a duplicate package using the Duplicator plugin (available on the public WordPress repository)?

I will set the next reply as private so you can provide a link to download the package.

Please try to exclude unnecessary files such as medias and archives (see attached image) to make the package smaller.

Regards,
Pierre

April 23, 2015 at 12:42 pm #604810

walterD-3

Hi Pierre,
any news about this problem?
Regards,
Luca

April 23, 2015 at 1:22 pm #604850

Pierre
Supporter

Hi Luca,

I deployed your site on my local computer. I managed to reproduce the issue you are experiencing with product "Ageless (Ossigeno Terapia)". But if if create a new product with just one local attribute, I don't have the problem.

Can you try to create a simple product with just one local attribute? Do you still have the problem when translating it?

I suspect special chars (like %) in your contents to disturb the data processing when translating attributes.

Regards,
Pierre

April 24, 2015 at 7:37 am #605326

walterD-3

Hi Pierre,

I tried to create a new attribute with just one local attribute, i still have the problem.
Did you try to translate the new product to French and English?
It doesn't show up with Italian content just with translated one.
I didn't add special chars in my contents.

Regards,
Luca

April 24, 2015 at 12:50 pm #605637

Pierre
Supporter

Hi Luca,

I accessed to your site's backend and created a new product "WPML" (draft) with a simple local attribute.
First, I thought the problem was with the attribute value and I figured now that it occurs with the attribute name.

I managed to reproduce this issue on my test site and I will report it to my support team.
As soon as possible, I will update you on this.

Regards,
Pierre

May 5, 2015 at 1:35 pm #612280

Pierre
Supporter

Hi Luca,

My dev team just told me that this issue will be fixed in next WCML version.

Regards,
Pierre

May 5, 2015 at 3:18 pm #612392

walterD-3

Hi Pierre,

Thank you very much for your supporting, i'm temporary using ' to avoid this issue, i'll be waiting for next release.

Best Regards,
Luca