This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 8.93 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
June 13, 2019 at 9:50 am #4011453

laurenceC-6

I have been very confused about recent additions to WPML which over complicate translations. IN particular why WPML shows its own page of fields to translate and not the original (we have issues with this, some fields missing), and then translated statuses we have to click buttons on all fields... it really really really overcomplicates what should be a simple process.

I have now discovered its due to "WPML Translation Management".

So I disabled this plugin and now WPML works as it always used to.

But in the Admin it says this:

"WooCommerce Multilingual is enabled but not effective. It requires WPML Translation Management in order to work"

Please can you confirm if this plugin is DEFINATLEY needed for WPML to work? It seems to work OK now.

Why do you recommend this plugin? It just makes it more complicated.

Thank you

June 13, 2019 at 1:33 pm #4013333

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

WPML Translation Management plugin is mandatory for working of WooCommerce Multilingual plugin. Otherwise, WooCommerce Multilingual plugin will be inactive. Please check the attached image and following documentation for more details.

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/#required-plugins-and-setup

Please share more details about the following for a better understanding. It will be great if you can share a couple of screenshots for a better understanding. So we debug it further and forward it our developers.

IN particular why WPML shows its own page of fields to translate and not the original (we have issues with this, some fields missing), and then translated statuses we have to click buttons on all fields

To help you faster, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 13, 2019 at 2:42 pm #4014045

laurenceC-6

We don’t want or need the translation management features they complicate it. We want normal wpml.

What happens to woocommerce if it’s disabled.

So please advise how to make sure everything works without using the translation management plugin. We really do not want or need it, it makes everything harder.

June 13, 2019 at 2:55 pm #4014085

laurenceC-6

I can see £ symbol on checkout instead of Euro, and when I enable it it shows Euro. So it looks like I need it.

But then how do I disable its use in the Admin? We do not need these special translation pages.We want to see the DIVI builder on pages by default. We want to see the normal product pages and any type of content for each language. We do not want to see the translation pages.

Some fields are missing from these translation pages. We have images in DIVI that are not appearing.

We do not want to have to manually disable it for every page in the sidebar.

So how do we disable the translation management pages? AND disable the "Translation Status" button and things like that? We do not use multiple translators, we have the same person managing content across all languages and we need the site to default to showing the normal page editor for every type of content.

Thanks

June 13, 2019 at 4:51 pm #4015783

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. WPML Translation Management plugin is not only managing translators or translation services. It is must for the translation of the custom fields, Page Builder, etc.. If WPML Translation Management or WooCommerce Multilingual is inactive we can't translate WooCommerce properly, for example, the translation of variations and sync stock.

I have a request. Is it possible for you to create a staging site, so we can debug these issues without affecting the live site.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 18, 2019 at 11:21 am #4043083

laurenceC-6

I have sent the staging site access in another support thread earlier today, so you can get it from there.

"WPML Translation Management plugin is not only managing translators or translation services. It is must for the translation of the custom fields, Page Builder, etc.. " -> TWO things to say about this... 1) then split these functions out, we dont want the added complication and process to translate pages now there is no reason to have all this, and 2) you do not need it to translate a page builder! Just show us the normal page, all the fields will be in there, like when we click the button to disable it. What if we want to add in an extra DIVI section? We cant using your plugin. It does not even show us all fields.

We can disable it on a per page basis, so how do we just disable it globally so we dont have to keep disabling it on a per page basis? My customer even tried disabling it so she could access DIVI on the foreign page, but it didn't work, it still shows your page and so she cant translate it using DIVI.

"If WPML Translation Management or WooCommerce Multilingual is inactive we can't translate WooCommerce properly, for example, the translation of variations and sync stock." -> why cant it just edit them on the page? I thought a translated page is just a seperate post in the database, with its own post ID... there is no reason why we should not be able to edit it in its normal page.

June 18, 2019 at 6:23 pm #4045897

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I am checking the issue with our team now and will get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 19, 2019 at 9:11 am #4049895

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

For your kind information, WooCommerce Multilingual plugin is designed to work with the WPML Translation Management plugin. Therefore it will not possible to functioning WooCommerce Multilingual without the Translation Management plugin.

So we will try our best to solve the issues you are facing with Translation Management plugin. I would like to know you have disabled WPML Translation Management plugin because of the following ticket also?

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/string-translation-results-in-fields-like-body-missing-in-some-products/

We have a request. Please let me know the exact steps to reproduce the issues on your site for a better understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 20, 2019 at 3:52 pm #4061187

laurenceC-6

Please see attached image.

I went to the Home page, clicked to disable WPML Translation Manager and this pop up appeared.

So should I choose Use the WordPress editor to translate all the site content in order to disable the terrible WPML one? Thats what I am asking, how do we get rid of WPML translation manager.

June 20, 2019 at 7:15 pm #4062731

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. If we choose *All the site's content* option, WPML Translation Editor will be disabled for all the Posts and Page and can translate the site with native WordPress Editor.

Please check the following documentation for more details.

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 21, 2019 at 8:55 am #4065585

laurenceC-6

Ok so why is this not in Settings? I only just discovered it. This is what I have been asking, to not use these pages. (and ideally not even use anything to do with translators/status complete etc) - I even have a button called Resign, I mean what on earth is that for, I dont need it).

And why is it enabled by default? Such a change like this should not be enabled by default and be a choice if we want to use it. WPML force us to use the translation manager, so you need to allow features we do not need as optional.

June 21, 2019 at 2:45 pm #4067883

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. For your kind information, now by default WPML's Classic Translation editor is enabled as it is a recommended way to translate pages and posts(as well as benefit from different features).

Please visit the following link and suggest it as a feature request. This request will directly go to the development team. Thank you for your understanding.

https://wpml.org/suggest-a-new-feature-for-wpml/

--
Thanks!

Bigul