This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Corrado 4 days, 15 hours ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
October 8, 2019 at 4:24 pm #4717175

Corrado

I am trying to:
Translate some products

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
actually the page is a staging page so it's not yet live.

I expected to see:
The WPML translator when clicking on the pen next to each product

Instead, I got:
The empty Translations Queue page.

October 8, 2019 at 6:59 pm #4717833

Corrado

Actually it's not only with the products, it's with all pages.

October 8, 2019 at 8:05 pm #4717973

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

Instead of getting the WP classic editor or the WPML Editor when you click to edit a translation you are redirected to the translations queue?

What are your results when you add a new page and then click on "+" to add a translation?

If possible, please update WPML and its add ons to the latest version and let me know your results.

Downloads:
https://wpml.org/downloads/

October 8, 2019 at 8:31 pm #4718019

Corrado

Yes, that's right. I don't remember how it should work actually. 🙂
But yes, when I click on the "+" to add a translation I end up in the empty queue.

I've updated the plugins and I have the same. Maybe something wrong in the DB?

I see also these errors in the woocommerce logs:
"
2019-10-08T15:05:31+00:00 CRITICAL Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_source_language_code() on boolean in /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/inc/functions-load.php:457
Stack trace:
#0 /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/ATE/Hooks/class-wpml-tm-ate-jobs-actions.php(128): wpml_tm_create_ATE_job_creation_model('29')
#1 /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WPML_TM_ATE_Jobs_Actions->added_translation_jobs(Array)
#2 /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array)
#3 /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#4 /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/translation-management/translation-management.class.php(1301): do_action('wpml_added_tran...', Array)
#5 /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.s in /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/inc/functions-load.php on line 457

2019-10-08T15:06:08+00:00 CRITICAL Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_source_language_code() on boolean in /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/inc/functions-load.php:457
Stack trace:
#0 /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/ATE/Hooks/class-wpml-tm-ate-jobs-actions.php(128): wpml_tm_create_ATE_job_creation_model('29')
#1 /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WPML_TM_ATE_Jobs_Actions->added_translation_jobs(Array)
#2 /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array)
#3 /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#4 /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/translation-management/translation-management.class.php(1301): do_action('wpml_added_tran...', Array)
#5 /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.s in /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/inc/functions-load.php on line 457

2019-10-08T15:13:45+00:00 CRITICAL Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to WPML_TM_Unsent_Jobs::prepare_unsent_job_for_notice() must be an instance of WPML_Translation_Job, boolean given, called in /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 288 and defined in /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/translation-jobs/class-wpml-tm-unsent-jobs.php:41
Stack trace:
#0 /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): WPML_TM_Unsent_Jobs->prepare_unsent_job_for_notice(false)
#1 /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
#2 /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#3 /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/inc/translation-jobs/helpers/wpml-update-translation-data-action.class.php(116): do_action('wpml_tm_assign_...', false, 1)
in /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/translation-jobs/class-wpml-tm-unsent-jobs.php on line 41

2019-10-08T16:08:52+00:00 CRITICAL Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to WPML_TM_Unsent_Jobs::prepare_unsent_job_for_notice() must be an instance of WPML_Translation_Job, boolean given, called in /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 288 and defined in /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/translation-jobs/class-wpml-tm-unsent-jobs.php:41
Stack trace:
#0 /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): WPML_TM_Unsent_Jobs->prepare_unsent_job_for_notice(false)
#1 /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
#2 /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#3 /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/inc/translation-jobs/helpers/wpml-update-translation-data-action.class.php(116): do_action('wpml_tm_assign_...', false, 1)
in /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/translation-jobs/class-wpml-tm-unsent-jobs.php on line 41

2019-10-08T16:32:58+00:00 CRITICAL Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_source_language_code() on boolean in /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/inc/functions-load.php:457
Stack trace:
#4 /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/translation-management/translation-management.class.php(1326): do_action('wpml_added_tran...', Array)

2019-10-08T16:33:02+00:00 CRITICAL Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_source_language_code() on boolean in /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/inc/functions-load.php:457
Stack trace:
#4 /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/translation-management/translation-management.class.php(1326): do_action('wpml_added_tran...', Array)

2019-10-08T16:33:07+00:00 CRITICAL Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_source_language_code() on boolean in /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/inc/functions-load.php:457
Stack trace:

2019-10-08T16:33:33+00:00 CRITICAL Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_source_language_code() on boolean in /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/inc/functions-load.php:457
Stack trace:

2019-10-08T16:38:22+00:00 CRITICAL Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_source_language_code() on boolean in /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/inc/functions-load.php:457
Stack trace:

2019-10-08T17:52:12+00:00 CRITICAL Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_translate_job_id() on boolean in /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/notices/translation-jobs-migration/class-wpml-translation-jobs-migration.php:177
Stack trace:
#0 /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/notices/translation-jobs-migration/class-wpml-translation-jobs-migration.php(31): WPML_Translation_Jobs_Migration->map_cms_id_job_id(Array)
#1 /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/notices/translation-jobs-migration/class-wpml-tm-troubleshooting-fix-translation-jobs-tp-id.php(44): WPML_Translation_Jobs_Migration->migrate_jobs(Array, true)
#2 /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WPML_TM_Troubleshooting_Fix_Translation_Jobs_TP_ID->fix_tp_id_ajax('')
#3 /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(31 in /home/mooiz/public_html/mooi.cyon.site/staging/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/notices/translation-jobs-migration/class-wpml-translation-jobs-migration.php on line 177

"

Hope this helps! Otherwise I can provide you a temp access to the website.

Thanks!

October 8, 2019 at 8:33 pm #4718027

Bobby
Supporter

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to test the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

**Before we proceed I recommend taking FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you enter is private which means only you and I have access to it.

NOTE: If access to the live site is not possible and the staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin.

Thank you,
Bobby

October 9, 2019 at 1:22 am #4718517

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

Please go to wp-content/plugins/ and add ".deactivate" at the end of advanced-cache.php

I believe that this might somehow be related to caching rather than an issue from WPML.

Let me know your results, please.

October 9, 2019 at 5:29 am #4719593

Corrado

Hi! The file is actually empty.
So I deactivated the LiteSpeed Cache from the UI in the backend but it didn't help.
I also see that WPML and LiteSpeed Cache are compatible:
https://wpml.org/plugin/litespeed-cache/
When I started working on this website I had another issue with WPML that was solved by fixing some entry in the DB, this is why I suspect on that.

October 9, 2019 at 6:25 am #4719875

Corrado

On the live website, not the staging one we are troubleshooting, I had the same issue. So I've disabled all woocommerce plugins as I actually don't need them there and I noticed that the wordpress editor opens correctly when I click on the "+" to add the German version of the blog post or page.
So can it be a woocommerce compatibility related issue?

October 9, 2019 at 7:52 am #4720409

Corrado

Please let me know if you still need access to the website, otherwise I will cancel the account.
Thanks!

October 9, 2019 at 10:13 am #4721653

Corrado

FYI: I've disabled the wordpress "classic editor" plugin. Just in case that could have an impact.
If you check the system, I have a problem also with the "advanced editor". Would be nice to have also that working! 🙂

October 9, 2019 at 6:32 pm #4725143

Corrado

I will remove the temporary account. Please let me know when and if you need it again.

October 9, 2019 at 6:52 pm #4725183

Bobby
Supporter

I was able to create a duplicator package to test locally.

Please go to your WP database and run the following SQL command:

ALTER TABLE `wpsw_icl_translation_status`
ADD `batch_id` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' AFTER `translation_service`,
CHANGE `translation_package` `translation_package` longtext COLLATE 'utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci' NOT NULL AFTER `batch_id`;

Your WPML database table wp_icl_translation_status is missing the batch_id field.

Let me know your results please, on my staging environment i was able to resolve the issue.

October 9, 2019 at 7:29 pm #4725253

Corrado

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!