Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 28 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by vayu 6 years, 9 months ago.

Author Posts
May 3, 2013 at 7:49 pm #124739

David
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hi Vayu,

No, you're not the only one with this problem. The docs at http://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/, that had a major upgrade with this release, say this:

Important notice #1: The synchronization is always relative to the original product , i.e. the product created in your site’s default language. Edits of any of the synchronized properties in the translated versions will be lost upon saving, because they are recopied from the original.

You could previously independently edit variations in each language because, well, we were not synchronizing them correctly.

Hope this helps,

Alvaro

May 4, 2013 at 11:29 pm #124882

vayu

Hi Alvaro.
Thanks for your tip, I had not read that. However, it doesn't seem to solve the issue.
If you look at this screenshot taken of the same product in two browser windows.
The one in english is displayed correctly and the translated one in danish is missing a lot of attributes. I cannot get the translated version to show the same in both languages.

hidden link

All attributes are translated correctly, but they will not be copied when saving a translated product. Why not?

May 6, 2013 at 11:17 am #125137

vayu

I have found a bug in the system.
When I am editing a translated product and save, only some attributes are saved to the database.
hidden link
When I do not press save/Update, but only click the save attributes button, then all data is saved and it works.
hidden link

However, that means if I need to make any other changes to the translated product, then the data is lost again.

Something goes terribly wrong when saving a translated product. Is there too much data and maybe it times out or something? It does take a long time to save a translated product.

May 6, 2013 at 12:42 pm #125165

vayu

I have found another bug.

The order of the colors(attributes) here keep changing.
hidden link

The order I want is black, blue, green, orange, pink, red, white, yellow. When I drag them into the right order in the backend all but one are saved correctly. However, when I go into another attribute to move them around, the previous ones get moved around all themselves. So if I change the order in danish and then change the order in swedish afterwards, the danish colors lose their position and are wrong again.

The one color that will not change no matter what, is the danish version of the front tyre.

Does anyone have an idea of what's going wrong?

May 6, 2013 at 2:57 pm #125203

vayu

I can confirm, that the PayPal issue I had is fixed now in the updated versions.

May 7, 2013 at 7:05 am #125331

David
Supporter

Hi Vayu,

About the ordering, I don't see a problem in you test site, I can reorder fine. Some issues may arise if your orderings in the live site were not previously synchronized. With 2.3 that ordering is synchronized across languages, but, for technical reasons, we only synchronize the values that are changed by reordering (e.g. if you just swap the first two values, all other values remain in the same position, and Woocommerce won't update those other positions, so we can't synchronize them). Can you try to move the first attribute, in any language, to the last position, so that every term gets its position changed, and see if they become synchronized after that?

If you are able to get the ordering correctly in this way, after that any reordering should synchronize correctly. If you can't, let me know, we may need to do it manually in the database. See also the first answer to http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/80068/woocommerce-product-categories-order/97529#97529 if you want some details about how this works internally.

From what I see in your live site you have different attributes for Frame, Stir, etc. You won't have the color order for Frames synchronized with the color order for Stirs, for example, as they are just different taxonomies, and the terms for each are completely independent (even if they have the same names, such as 'black', etc.).

Alvaro

May 7, 2013 at 7:46 am #125345

vayu

Thank you for your assistance Alvaro.

I have tried to do what you explained, but it did not fix it.
If I try to change order of the colors in Chain in english, then it will also change the order in chain on other languages. It seems, when I am on english and move the black color to the top, then on danish chain, the red color moves to top.
Please see screenshot:
hidden link

You are right, changing the color order in Frame, will not affect the color order in Stem.

May 7, 2013 at 10:13 am #125387

David
Supporter

Hi Vayu,

I would then need to see the contents of your live database to debug what's going on, since
I cannot reproduce the problem in your test site (can you? if so, please point me to an example)

See hidden link where things seem to work well. I added one additional value to Frame, created an English product, added attributes and use them for variations, duplicated in Danish, then unsync'hed translations. I added translations of terms later, reorder, etc., in an attempt to break it, yet the English product and its Danish translation are kept in sync, and the ordering of options in the front end dropdowns matches the ordering of the terms in the back end (in the Product Attribute Page).

I did see some glitches if variations are deleted. To resync variations, you may remove the variations in the translated product and update it, so that they are resynched from the current values of the original.

By the way, I think you can upload the images to the forum.

Regards

Alvaro

May 7, 2013 at 10:39 am #125395

vayu

Thanks Alvaro.

I would gladly give you access to the database if you think you can find a solution there. Will you send me your email contacts?

The thing is, in live version most attributes (colors and bike parts) are displayed. But only some of them are not ordered correctly and cannot be saved when updating a translating product.

It took me several hours to create all those bikes parts with their colors in 4 languages. 9 parts x 8 colors x 4 languages. That's almost 300 attributes. You can probably image that it's tedious work. I suppose I could do that again on the Test site, but it might not lead to any clues. Therefore, it would be preferred if we could find the problem on the live site.

Is there anything wrong with posting images the way I do? It's easier this way.

May 7, 2013 at 10:53 am #125397

David
Supporter

I've now sent you an email requesting the access details. I think it should be fixable by manually changing the values of meta_key 'order_pa_frame' in the woocommerce_termmeta table.

Alvaro

May 7, 2013 at 8:47 pm #125598

David
Supporter

Hi Vayu,

The values in the database for ordering were misconfigured, as I guessed. We'll need some more time to debug it.

Regards

Alvaro

May 7, 2013 at 8:50 pm #125599

vayu

Hi Alvaro.
I see, thanks for keeping me updated. 🙂
Regards
Vayu

May 10, 2013 at 1:06 pm #126332

David
Supporter

Dear Vayu,

Our development version hidden link will now resynch the ordering of all terms and product categories. This operation is run only once. I tested the code with (my local copy of) your database, you can see the result in the image.

Please let me know if there are any remaining issues. It's hard to keep track of everything.

Regards

Alvaro

May 10, 2013 at 2:56 pm #126374

vayu

Hi Alvaro.
I am in awe! This fixed it all. I can almost not believe it, but I think you guys fixed it. 🙂 Good job!
I am very grateful for all your time and effort on this, it's wonderful. Thanks!
Vayu