This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 19 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Pieter 5 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bernat Torras.

Author Posts
February 14, 2014 at 5:39 am #339586

Pieter

Upon activating the WooCommerce Multilingual plugin I get a Fatal Error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_page_permastruct() on a non-object in /path/domain/wp-includes/link-template.php on line 271

Just updated to WPML 3.1.1, but that doesn't solve the problem

February 14, 2014 at 6:08 am #339597

Amir
Supporter

This problem seems to be data dependent. Is this a new installation, or an upgrade to an existing version of WooCommerce Multilingual?

Can you trace where this call is originating?

It's going through 'link-template.php', but it would be interesting to know what calls it and with what data.

February 14, 2014 at 6:48 am #339614

Pieter

I believe so too (that it is data dependent).

This is quite a problem site that another developer messed up and I was brought in to clean up the mess 🙂

Coming from qTranslate too, so extra cumbersome.

Steps I have taken:
1. start with old qtranslate database
2. install qtranslate importer plugin
2. upgrade to latest woocommerce
3. install latest wpml with string translations, media and translations management addon
4. fully setup wpml
5. install woocommerce multilingual, but don't set anything yet as the content actually exists (in the qtranslate way)
6. run the qtranslate importer, which doesn't get past batch #3
After refreshing the page - as it has obviously timed out - it throws the fatal error

The other scenario where it happens (which I did before the above) is:
1. start with old qtranslate database
2. install qtranslate importer plugin
2. upgrade to latest woocommerce
3. install latest wpml with string translations, media and translations management addon
4. fully setup wpml
6. run the qtranslate importer
7. activate woocommerce multilingual
Then immediately it throws the Fatal Error

Does this help?

February 14, 2014 at 6:53 am #339616

Amir
Supporter

Piet, this is a pretty complex setup and we'll need your help getting to that point. Can you create a development site and share the login details with us?

We'll need:
1. WordPress admin
2. PHPMyAdmin
3. SFTP

When you have it, you can send it directly to me. We're prioritizing new issues for WPML 3.1 release from yesterday. If you send me this info, I'll add it to our queue and we'll get to it right after the burning issues for WPML 3.1.

February 14, 2014 at 7:04 am #339626

Pieter

I appreciate the offer, but it's kinda difficult for me. The client is on Plesk which doesn't have adding stuff into a tarball and the connection to the server of the client is gruesome from China.

I will try my best to get something going for you guys on my sandbox, but I will need a few hours to be able to set that up.

Basically I have the site working now, without WC Multilingual; not sure whether or not that is a big problem.

Will send you an email with all the details when I have things ready, hope that is ok?

February 14, 2014 at 12:48 pm #339927

Pieter

Hi Amir, I just sent you an email with all the details, please let me know if you need additional info.

February 14, 2014 at 6:46 pm #340277

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hi Piet,

Just to let you know, in the last 12 hours we worked "high power" on a new WPML plugin release.
This took quite some attention, but I'm positive Amirs answer will come soon.

February 15, 2014 at 2:46 am #340511

Pieter

Hi Andreas, thanks for the update.
I know you guys have been working hard, no worries. The dev site is set up and doesn't "run away" 🙂

February 17, 2014 at 12:15 pm #341369

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hi Piet,

Thanks for understanding!
Have to admit that we were a bit "distracted" with the 3.1.1 / 3.1.2 / 3.1.3 releases - but I'm sure it will quite down soon.
If you like to you could also add the credentials here - in the protected webform below.

February 17, 2014 at 12:27 pm #341382

Pieter

Hi Andreas,

Cool, first time I see that form 🙂

Amir also has the details of PHPMyAdmin, cannot show those here.

I have not enabled WC Multilingual as that breaks the site instantly.
I have just set WP_DEBUG to true and there is a whole lot going on...
Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Cheers,
Piet

February 17, 2014 at 1:10 pm #341429

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Thanks a lot!
We will have a deeper look inside WC Multilingual now..

February 17, 2014 at 3:46 pm #341632

Bernat Torras

Hi Piet,

We'd like to replicate your issues in our local servers. Could you generate a backup of your site so we can download it and debug it locally? I'd suggest to use 'Duplicator' plugin to generate both 'package' and 'installer' files.

Let us know as soon as you've those files ready so we can download then. 🙂

Thanks,
Bernat

February 17, 2014 at 3:57 pm #341653

Pieter

Hi Bernat, I tried the Duplicator plugin and afterwards I couldn't even get back in the site anymore, had to do a direct MySQL query to make the current user.

As far as I know, you can make a db dump from within WPML and you have the FTP as well as the PHPMyAdmin details (I sent them to Amir on Friday). The site is around 480MB which is a bit much to send via email or to a Dropbox as I am located behind the Chinese Firewall.

No need to back up the site, you can do with it whatever you please.

Thanks,
Piet

February 17, 2014 at 6:31 pm #341825

Bernat Torras

Hi Piet,

Ok, it definitely seems that something weird is happening to your site... I will proceed to download a copy of your db and some ftp relevant data as well. But before that, just to be sure, can you update your wpml plugins again?

We have released a beta version for WPML 3.1.4. This version includes fixes for everything that was reported for the problematic WPML 3.1 release.

You can get it from your WPML account. Go to Downloads, scroll to the bottom and you will see the beta package. Right now, it's 3.1.4-b1.

This ZIP includes several ZIP files of the individual WPML components. First, unzip it locally, get the parts that you need and upload them.

The safest way to update the plugins is to:
1. Deactivate (don't worry, your content doesn't change)
2. Delete the folders with the older versions
3. Upload the new versions
4. Activate

Please let us know if this version solves the problem. If anything remains, we want to know about it and we will handle it as fast as possible.

Thanks,
Bernat

February 18, 2014 at 1:11 am #341968

Pieter

Hi Bernat, I have updated to the latest versions.
Maybe it is good to know that the beta package contains the old version of WooCommerce Multilingual (3.2 not 3.2.1)
So after the update, I also updated to WCML 3.2.1

It seems to work better now as I can at least activate WCML without the site breaking. The current issues most likely have to do with the brilliant idea (NOT) of WooCommerce to change their entire codebase and not make it backward compatible.

Most likely a lot of your compatibility issues of the last few days also have to do with that?

I haven't really had time to read up on how things have to be coded now for WooCommerce as I have several clients at the moment with all kinds of issues (not related to your updates, mostly theme incompatibility and/or beginner issues).