Please make sure to update to WPML to the latest and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by vayu 6 years, 8 months ago.

Author Posts
May 21, 2013 at 11:31 am #128973

vayu

Hi.
I have a multilingual site setup here: hidden link
I am running the latest developer version of WooCommerce Multilingual plugin. All other plugin version are up to date.
Here is a screenshot of the english (original) product variations: hidden link
Here is a screenshot of the danish product variations: hidden link

As you can see, the variations are not the same. When I try to make any changes to the danish version they are not saved.

May 21, 2013 at 12:39 pm #129000

sarah.n
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Vayu,

The difference I see is in the order of the attributes. Correct me please if I'm wrong.

May 21, 2013 at 12:47 pm #129004

vayu

Hi Sarah.
It looks that way, but when I look at the prices set on each variation, we have the right order. So what would be better is to edit each drop down and keeping the same order. Does that make sense?

May 21, 2013 at 12:57 pm #129009

sarah.n
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Vayu,

Is it possible please to have a dump of your database so I can replicate the problem? I will email you shortly for it.

May 21, 2013 at 12:58 pm #129012

vayu

Yes, I will mail you it.

May 21, 2013 at 12:58 pm #129013

sarah.n
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

The email was just sent. Please let me know if you have not received it.

May 22, 2013 at 7:31 am #129305

sarah.n
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Vayu,

I was forwarded some wp-admin access details you sent to purchases@wpml.org

I tried to log in however I got a "Server not found" page. Let me know when the site is again available.

May 22, 2013 at 8:15 am #129335

vayu

Hi Sarah.

I have sent you an email with login. I hope received it.

May 22, 2013 at 8:22 am #129342

sarah.n
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Just got it thanks. Looking into it now.

May 22, 2013 at 8:48 am #129356

sarah.n
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

I have reported the bug to our developers. I will update you as soon as there is a fix available. Thank you in advance for your patience!

May 28, 2013 at 11:35 am #130899

vayu

Hi Sarah.
Sorry for pushing, but do you have any update on this issue?

Thanks
Vayu

June 5, 2013 at 2:52 pm #133180

David
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hi Vayu

I have been reassigned this issue, because we suspect there could be a bug here. I have been trying to edit the product called "Bike" to try to replicate. But I see duplicated attributes which is the first time i see. Can I freely modify this product to try and clean it up?

Best
David

June 5, 2013 at 2:59 pm #133182

vayu

Hi David. Glad to hear that. I have just created a database backup now.
This is a live running site and people can purchase this Bike product. But it's an issue we must fix, so yes, please do fix it if you can and we will have to take what comes with that.

June 18, 2013 at 7:27 am #136749

vayu

Hi David.
Did you ever take a look at this? Did you find any issues or did you fix it or what is the status?
Cordially
Vayu

June 26, 2013 at 6:57 am #139051

David
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hi Vayu,

This was reported as a possible bug in one of our internal tickets, so I decided to take a look. It turns out that for some reason the two variations that had the order switched in your screenshots were registered in your database with the 'is translation of' relationship switched as well.

Don't know why this hapenned, but it was easy to fix.

1) Trash the Danish product.

2) Delete permanently the Danish product, which you can do by either emptying the trash or trying to edit it when in the trash. This is important, because it is only when deleted that the variations dissapear from our translation table.

3) Duplicate the English product into Danish, and then 'Translate independently'.

I did this on my local copy of your database, and since it worked perfectly, I did it at your site too for the Bike product. You can see that the variations in hidden link and hidden link are correctly synchronized.

Regards

Alvaro