This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

WooCommerce Multilingual + WooCommerce Multistore, Syncing Stock Issues

Solution:

We needed cooperation from the author of the plugin on this issue, but they never responded to us. So we couldn't resolve this issue.

This topic contains 24 replies, has 6 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
December 29, 2017 at 11:16 am #1467852

paulV-7

First a bit of background information, we have a multisite which consists of a consumer shop and retail shop with different pricing/visual ordering. The product stock of both site is synchronised via a plugin called WooCommerce Multistore.

However, now we want to install WPML on the consumer site to support more countries, the issues of arises that the stock does not synchronise in certain situations

What does work:
- (Editing products) Updating stock either reducing or increasing of main products on consumers site, syncs nicely to the other language and retail site.

What does not work:
- Placing an order on the consumer site with either a product from the main or other language , does reduce the stock of the main product and other language, however it does not sync to the retail site. The multistore fires it's sync on "woocommerce_reduce_order_stock", i'm assuming wpml interferes with this function as I think it fires on the same hook?

- Placing an order on the retail site, reduces the stock on the retail site and the main product on the consumer site, however not the stock of the other language, i'm assuming that the WPML sync trigger does not fire, when the main product is updated.

- (Editing products) Updating stock on the retail site does sync to the consumer sites main product however not the other language. Same goes for this one, i'm assuming that the WPML sync trigger does not fire, when the main product is updated.

WooCommerce Multistore: hidden link

Help would be greatly appreciated in making these two plugins work with eachother!
If acces is needed or wanted, we will provide accounts.

December 31, 2017 at 2:25 pm #1468635

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hello.

This WooCommerce extension is not listed in our compatible WooCommerce extensions list here https://wpml.org/documentation/woocommerce-extensions-compatibility/. I've searched our internal documentation, and I can't see any reference to this plugin, so I believe that it is not known to us. Before proceeding with debugging this issue, I would like you to try the following and see if it helps.
A. Update WordPress to its latest version.

B. Get your server to match our minimum requirements. By looking at the debug info that you have attached I can see that your server WP Memory Limit is set to 64M. Our recommendations are to have the following as minimal requirements:
- PHP 5.3 and above (this OK with your installation) with a WP Memory Limit of at least 128MB and more if possible.
- MySQL 5.6 and above (this OK with your installation).
Please follow this link for a detailed documentation:
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Please try to raise it before you contact your hosting company.
You can try and do it from the wp-config.php file in your WordPress installation.
Insert this code into that file.

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Add it before this line:
/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

C. A collision with another plugin or the theme.
There might be a collision with the theme of another plugin.
If possible get your site into a minimum environment.
Minimum environment means switching to a default WordPress theme like TwentySeventeen and no plugins activated but WPML.
You will need first to check if the problem persists when just the theme is switched to TwentySeventeen (for example).
If it persists, then turn off all plugins except WPML and its add-ons + WooCommerce + Woocommerce Multistore.
Then please check if the problem persists.
If it does not persists so start by activating the plugins one by one and check when the problem comes back and report to me here.

Could you please perform those procedures and see if it help?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the above does not help in solving the issues, I would need from you the following, please.
1. To send me the Woocommerce Multistore plugin. You can upload it to a service like Google Drive or Dropbox and share the link with me. For this, I'm enabling private message for the next reply.
2. Give me exact procedures on how to set it up and replicate the issue on my local server.
Please give as many details as you can in steps (do 1.2.3...).

Thanks,
Itamar.

January 3, 2018 at 9:55 am #1470172

paulV-7

Hi,

A. Updated WordPress to the latest version, did not solve the issue and did not expect it to solve it, but good to start with an updated basis.

B. Memory limit is set to 400MB, PHP 5.5.26, MySQL 5.6.23, seems to be all fine, not sure why you get 64mb memory limit in the debug. Php info show 400 an so does the WooCommerce status page.

C. Tried this already, Twentyseventeen + WooCommerce + WPML Plugins + Multistore. The issue still persists.

--------------------------------------
Wanted to also sent a private reply, but seems i can't do this anymore. Would you mind setting one up again.

January 3, 2018 at 10:38 am #1470282

paulV-7

I've created a dropbox link with the plugin, license key is inside of the plugin, I have multiple free licenses so you can you that one and I can always unassign them. Please make this comment private.
--removed by supposter---
The setup, a WordPress multisite environment. (You can of course test with just one product.)
- 1 Site with a English & Dutch product (Parent Product)
- 1 Site with a English product with different Pricing (Child Product)
- The English products are linked via WooCommerce Multistore
- WooCommerce settings are basic, used bank transfer as payment method.

I've added a screenshot with my settings of WooCommerce Multistore.

The issues that arise:
- Placing an order on the main site with either a product from the main or other language , does reduce the stock of the main product and other language, however it does not sync to the secondary site.

- Placing an order on the secondary site, reduces the stock on the secondary site and the main product on the main site, however not the stock of the other language.

- (Editing products) Updating stock on the secondary site does sync to the consumer site's main product however not the other language.

If anything else is needed, feel free to ask,

Kind Regards,
Rik

January 3, 2018 at 12:55 pm #1470564

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Rik and thank you for sharing with me the plugin and for your explanations.

I can not make the previous reply private, but I've removed the download link from it.
I'll download the plugin and set up the environment to test this issue.
If I succeed in replicating this issue, I'll ask the help of our compatibility team.

I'll keep you updated here.
Thanks for your patience,
Itamar.

January 4, 2018 at 11:20 pm #1473410

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Rik.

I just wanted to let you know that I'm still checking this issue.
I'll be able to update you again on Sunday.

Thanks,
Itamar.

January 7, 2018 at 7:45 pm #1475557

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Rik.

I've just set up everything, and I run into an issue that the product is not being duplicated to the other site.
Here is when I did.
1. I've created a new parent product on the first site of my network that has English and Dutch configured on it.
2. I've translated the product from English into Dutch.
3. Then in the products editing screen, I've selected the Multistore tab and chose to publish it to the other site.
Please see attached screenshot publish-to-child-site.jpg
But whenever I press the update button the checkboxes 'Child product inherit Parent changes' and 'If checked, any stock change will synchronize across product tree.' do not stay checked and I can not see the product in WooCommerce -> Products on the other site (Child One). The thing is that I've activated and configured WPML also on the Child One site, and I do see the product in WooCommerce Multilingual -> Products tab but it has no language associated with it. At this point, I would like to ask you the following, please.

A. Is WPML network activate on your installation or just activated on the parent site (where the parent product was created)?

B. I thought that maybe this is happening because I did not register the WooCommerce Multistore plugin. But I couldn't find a place to register it. Could you tell me where do I insert the plugins key that you gave me?
If I go to Settings -> WooCommerce Multistore I see the following message, but I couldn't find a place to register the plugin.

License Key
Local instance, no key applied.
You can generate more keys from My Account

Please see attached screenshot no-key.jpg

January 9, 2018 at 8:22 am #1477417

paulV-7

Hi Itamar,

A. WPML is currently only activated on the parent site, i've tried network as well, however it does not make a difference. As products on the secondary site do not need translation, I decided not to activate it on the secondary site

B. Strange, my local installation does require a key, although it is a copy of the actual testing site. Maybe with a completely new local setup, a key is not required? Furthermore, you should set "Always maintain stock synchronisation for re-published products" to "Yes". This should disable the second checkbox on the child product.

Also the way I setup the product is slightly different, I create the product on the main site, than go to the network dashboard > (WooCommerce) multistore > products > bulk distribution. In the bulk actions. However you should be able to also do it via a product.

Did it work without WPML active? because it should.

Thanks in advance,
Rik

January 10, 2018 at 12:51 pm #1479581

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Rik.

Thank you for the further instructions.

Now I think I've got it set up correctly and I can see the stock synchronization issues that you talk about in your first post. Unfortunately, I see more problems with my local clean multisite WordPress installation. If I'm adding the 'Enable stock management at product level' after that, I had published the product I get multiple instances of this product on the other site (child site). So my Products admin page and shop page look like what I show in the attached screenshots.

Rik, I think that there are many compatibility issues with the WooCommerce Multistore plugin. I'll escalate the stock issues that you bring here to our compatibility team, so they will check if there is a possible fix for those issues from our side. But I also think that due to the complexity of this plugin a proper comprehensive compatibility process will need to take place. And this will require the cooperation of the author of the plugin. It would be great if you could contact the authors and urge them to join our Go Global Program. You can find details about it here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/
We will be happy to cooperate with the authors in making their plugin officially compatible with WPML.

I'll keep you updated here on the ticket.

January 14, 2018 at 12:12 pm #1484047

Itamar
Supporter

Staus changed to Escalated to Compatibility team

January 29, 2018 at 2:58 pm #1500277

Itamar
Supporter

Update
We are going to need the cooperation of the authors on this issue.
A few days ago we contacted them, and we are still waiting for their reply.
I'll keep you updated here for any news about this issue.

Regards,
Itamar.

February 2, 2018 at 8:28 am #1504962

paulV-7

Hi Itamar,

Thank you for the effort, i've contacted them as well, did not get a response yet either.

February 4, 2018 at 6:32 pm #1506503

Itamar
Supporter

Thank you for this update.

February 8, 2018 at 7:58 am #1510944

Itamar
Supporter

As of yesterday, we have also did not get any reply from the author.

May 25, 2018 at 1:35 am #2226441

asafM-2

Hi,

Any update maybe?

Asaf