This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
September 21, 2018 at 8:13 pm #2756470

esprits

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Import product in secondary language using WooCommerce Native CSV Import (NOT WP All Import)
I’ve imported with success the products in the main language.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

WooCommerce CSV Import procedure

IS IT POSSIBLE OR NOT?

September 24, 2018 at 7:06 pm #2761645

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @esprits, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

As far I know this is not possible. When using the native importer of WP, the products come without language information, so they are all imported in the default language. The only option in this case is to manually modify the language information of each product. But there is a quick test you can try:
- Go to Tools > Import > Woocommerce Products (CSV)
- Change the language using the Language Switcher at the top admin bar
- Run the importer in the secondary language

If it does not work, the recommended way to import into multiple languages is to use the WP All Import: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/

If you need more help just let me know.

All the best,
Diego

September 27, 2018 at 2:15 am #2769020

esprits

The proposed "quick test" does not work. Should it? Is it already a feature of WooCommerce Multilingual?

In any case, it should. Is the feature already in your development pipeline for WooCommerce Multilingual?

September 27, 2018 at 1:48 pm #2770741

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

The native CSV import is a native feature of Woocommerce. It's not a WPML feature. As this import does not have any lanugage information, it's not compatible with WPML. The quick test function was to check if when changing the language, this language information would be applied to the product, but unfortunately it did not work.

We do not expect to make this feature compatible since this requires functionality that this importer did not have. That's why we partnered with WP All Import, making it possible to import multilingual products into Woocommerce: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/

Any special reason not to use WP All Import? If there is a issue, we can help you.

If you need more help just let me know.

Kind regards,
Diego