Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
April 22, 2022 at 2:13 pm

Raphael Cavalieri

I am contacting you because I have just noticed that when an order is placed on our English site, the customer does not receive any email whereas for the other versions of the site which are French and Spanish, the problem is not present

April 22, 2022 at 3:01 pm
April 25, 2022 at 11:51 pm #11092355

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting us again.

Before we continue, I kindly ask you to follow these steps in order to isolate the cause of the issue:
- Create a full backup of the site
- Update all outdated plugins and themes that appear in this link: hidden link Outdated functionalities can cause conflicts in the code
- Flush any cache memory that might exists
- Double-check if the issue disappeared.

Could you tell me the results of the steps described above?

Regards,
Carlos

April 26, 2022 at 10:04 am #11095471

Raphael Cavalieri

Hello,

Unfortunately I can't update all the plugins because this would totally crash the site, which is not possible. The problem is that the emails on the English version are not sent and the Spanish version works perfectly and they are governed by the same plugins. I don't see how updating the plugins can be the cause of the problem. I sincerely think that the problem comes from elsewhere.

Thanks

April 26, 2022 at 10:51 am #11096073

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi there,

The first step to isolating the cause of an issue is to make sure all functionalities are up-to-date. On your site, there are over 60 pending updates, which makes it impossible to start debugging the issue as we can't rule out that any of the outdated code is causing the problem.

Also, if you can't update the functionalities because the site will break, then there is an underlying problem that needs to be solved before the emails problem.

As an alternative, I would recommend you to create a staging site with a copy of the live site, deactivate all non-related plugins, update all the remaining active plugins and then double-check if the issue disappeared.

Regards,
Carlos

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.