This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: WooCommerce is correctly installed and translated, but in the front end it doesn't appear translated.

Solution: WPML > Languages > Edit Languages the default locale for Greek is el_GR. The default WooCommerce locale is just el. WPML can manage different locales, but WooCommerce can't, so it returned the default language.

0% of people find this useful.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nickP-2 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
March 18, 2019 at 8:26 am #3366719

nickP-2

I have 2 languages isntalled: Greek (default under WPML - > Languages) and English.

I also installed WooCommerce (version), but when i go to greek version, i do not see it translated.

I also have the below installed:

WPML Multilingual CMS - 4.2.4.1

WPML String Translation - 2.10.2

WPML Translation Management - 2.8.3

When i go to Settings -> General, i see English as Site Language. The drop down list there is disabled for me to turn it to Greek.

It also says that : When WPML is activated, the site language should be changed in the WPML Site Languages section.

But in WPML Site Languages section as i said before Greek is set as default. The only way i see WooCommerce correctly in greek in front end, is when i disable all WPML plugins and change site language under general setttings.

Please advice

March 18, 2019 at 10:55 am #3368411

nickP-2

Hi,

Migration completed. You will need to deactivate recaptcha in order to login though. Just rename the plugin folder of ithemes-security-pro.

March 19, 2019 at 4:39 am #3375727

nickP-2

Hi,

Another issue i saw on that site, is that even if a register the WPML Plugins under WPML -> Account -> Sites, however i do not see the green tick on the first 3 columns. This happened for the last 3 sites i tried to register. Only the WooCommerce Translation and Gravity Forms Multilingual ticks are shown.

i am attaching an image for better understanding.

Any idea why that is happening?

Thanks

March 19, 2019 at 7:34 pm #3383075

nickP-2

Hi,

Anh updates on this?

March 20, 2019 at 7:38 am #3385683

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I tested several things on your copy but I didn't get any result yet, so I'm consulting with our 2nd tiers.

For the other issue, I suggest you open a new ticket. We try to have only one issue per ticket, so it's easier for others to search the forum. This also allows supporters to be faster and more efficient.

March 20, 2019 at 5:02 pm #3391175

nickP-2

Hi,

I opened a different ticket for the registered sites issue.

Any update regarding the other translation issue? it is quite urgent to resolve it soon, since i must take the site live with the correct woocommerce greek translation.

Thank you in advance!

March 20, 2019 at 7:22 pm #3392797

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

the issue is escalated, but I can't tell you how much it will take. 2nd tiers have their queue and they have to prioritize issues depending on gravity and how many people are affected.

March 25, 2019 at 11:42 am #3452933

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

in WPML > Languages > Edit Languages the default locale for Greek is el_GR. Changing it to just el should fix the issue.

Could you try it and tell me if it works for you?

March 25, 2019 at 5:19 pm #3456711

nickP-2

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, after changes the locale for Greek to "el", woocommerce strings are shown properly in Greek, when in that language.

May i know why this was happening? Is that a faulty behaviour of WPML? Or is it something with WooCommerce?

Thank you!

March 27, 2019 at 10:22 am #3469517

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

default locale for Greek in WPML is just "el", as this issue didn't happen in a fresh install. WPML can manage different locales, but WooCommerce can't, so it returned the default language.

Probably it would be necessary to change the filename or to do some other changes inside WooCommerce files.

April 11, 2019 at 4:40 pm #3590725

nickP-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!