This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Ricardo Alday 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Ricardo Alday.

Author Posts
August 29, 2018 at 2:40 pm #2686817

nikolayP-6

When doing a checkout with PayPal on Woocommerce product names are corrupted and are visible with percentage signs like so "Сет в путешествие - Travel Box.Limited%..." and completely broken when viewing a transaction in PayPal business account (screenshot). It looks like they remain in urlencode and are cut to the field limit wrong.

I duplicated the website and switched everything off except for Woocommerce - everything worked fine. Switched WPML addons on - error returned.

August 29, 2018 at 6:55 pm #2687653

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Thank you for contacting the WPML support forum.

Are you using any plugin to checkout with WooCommerce?
Is everything updated on your site (WordPress, WPML, WooCommerce)?
How can I see the issue on your site?

To ensure the quickest and most accurate support, please provide your debug information so that I can get a look at some of your configurations.
We have an excellent article on how to located here: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/.

Thanks,
Itamar.

August 29, 2018 at 7:25 pm #2687702

nikolayP-6

Hi. PayPal integration bundled with Woocommerce is used, no additional plugins. As I mentioned, every other plugin except for Woocommerce and WPML was turned off to isolate the issue. Everything is updated. You can make an order on a test website hidden link (make sure not to get directed to the live version as there are some static links) but you need to do it in Russian and choose PayPal as payment option to reproduce the issue. Then you need to click the payment sum and it will display the cart contents. I don’t think a visual check is necessary, furthermore you can only see the complete broken cart only in PayPal business account.

August 30, 2018 at 4:03 pm #2691128

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I've tried to follow your instructions, but I do not see where I have the option to press the payment sum. I do not see on the cart page nor the checkout page. Please see the attached screenshot.

Moreover, now that I see that Russian is the default language of your site I'm not sure that this issue is related to WPML. Maybe it WooCommerce issue of displaying the products names properly in Russian in that specific field.

Could you please check if the issue persists if you momentarily deactivate WPML and its add-ons?

Regards,
Itamar.

August 30, 2018 at 4:52 pm #2691403

nikolayP-6

Hi.

You have to continue with your order and will be redirected to PayPal, where you can click the total price to reveal the cart contains, attaching a screenshot. As I mentioned in the previous message I already tried switching off WPML and this stops happening. Two conditions - only Woocommerce active - no problem, Woocommerce and WPML - problem. No other plugins enabled to isolate the issue.

September 2, 2018 at 2:47 pm #2697079

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for the extra details.

I can see the issue on your site.
What is the second raw that shows the encoded string?
Is it shipping rate?
Please see the attached screenshot.
What was supposed to be the string there, is it the product's name?
I have done some test on my test site and I cannot replicate this issue.
I can see those encoded string even when WPML is deactivated.
Could you please let me have access to your test site so I can see the settings and test this issue?
Please allow me to deactivate plugins and the theme if needed.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.
You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.
Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.
** IMPORTANT **
- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Thanks,
Itamar.

September 3, 2018 at 10:26 pm #2701042

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for the extra details.

I'm consulting our second tier supporters about this issue.
I'll keep you updated here once I have a comment from them.

Regards,
Itamar.

September 5, 2018 at 10:50 am #2706488

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I've escalated this issue to our second tier supporter with a DUplicator package of your site.
He will continue to investigate this issue, and we'll keep you updated here on any news.

Regards,
Itamar.

September 5, 2018 at 12:27 pm #2706881

nikolayP-6

Hi.

Alright, I'm here if you need some extra details.

September 5, 2018 at 8:05 pm #2708624

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Our second tier tries the issue with this product.
hidden link
But with this product, we only see one % at the end of the name.
Is this the problem?
With which product do we need to check out to see the issue to its fullest where all the of the product's name is encoded?

Thanks,
Itamar.

September 6, 2018 at 8:49 am #2710073

nikolayP-6

It's the problem, yes. It shouldn't be there.
Much worse for:
hidden link

September 7, 2018 at 5:42 am #2713146

Ricardo Alday

Hi,

Itamar is off for today. I tested the product you link and I can see the issue. I have forwarded the information to our 2nd tier support for further investigation.

September 10, 2018 at 9:22 pm #2721466

Ricardo Alday

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. 2nd tier support said that you should check the encoding in your Paypal account. It should be set to UTF-8. To enable UTF-8 in PayPal, login to your PayPal account, then open the PayPal Language Encoding page (found here: hidden link) and click the More Options button.

There, select UTF-8 from the Encoding options drop-down, and check the Yes toggle to have your PayPal data sent to WooCommerce using UTF-8 encoding.

Save the changes, and within a day your PayPal settings should update.

Let us know if the issue persists.

September 12, 2018 at 3:12 pm #2728052

nikolayP-6

Hi, updated. Issue persists.

September 12, 2018 at 10:24 pm #2729188

Ricardo Alday

Thanks for the feedback. I passed it to our second tier support so they can investigate further.

The topic ‘[Closed] Woocommerce PayPal broken product names’ is closed to new replies.