This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
August 22, 2019 at 5:35 pm

joepF

Note: product bundles were created using the official WooCommerce plugin: https://woocommerce.com/products/product-bundles/

Note: Products are translated using the WPML Translation Editor. The screenshots to indicate the problem however are made via the native translation editor.

We currently work on a redesign (front- and backend) of a client's website. All product translations are created from scratch on a development-location where we develop the redesign. However, contrary to the live site, products included in products with type "product bundle" are not synchronized between the original language and the translated languages.

So: bundle items are synced on the live website, they are not on the development-location. This is illustrated by the attached screenshots - both show a translated (bundle) product, one on the live location and one on the development location. On the live location screenshot you can see the "locks". They are not there for the development location. All products included in the bundle are now translated.

I can't seem to figure out how to achieve the synchronization on the development location. Hope anyone here can help me out!

Kind regards,

Joep

August 23, 2019 at 7:23 am #4444787

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

So: bundle items are synced on the live website, they are not on the development-location

The only thing that comes to my mind is that something has gone wrong during the site migration between live and staging. I have even tested this on my localhost installation to see how product bundles behave - see these images. I've translated the following:
- products that I added into the bundle
- original product which is set as bundle

I did this in order to check whether this synchronization happens automatically (checking if there is perhaps a compatibility issue with the plugin), but it seems to be working properly, even with the default settings.

Can you perhaps try moving the site using https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/ and check if the issue is still there?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 24, 2019 at 6:40 am #4450987

joepF

Thank you. However, our development location is not a migration of our live location. The redesign is built from scratch, except for the (English) products. These were imported using the default WooCommerce exporter/importer. Translations were added later manually.

August 25, 2019 at 11:07 am #4453925

joepF

Any possible clues what the culprit could be?

August 26, 2019 at 6:37 am #4456183

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

In order to debug this issue further quickly, would you be willing to provide me with temporary WordPress admin username so I could investigate the issue directly?

When I try:
hidden link

It gives me 404. I marked your next reply private so you can safely add this information.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 26, 2019 at 9:12 pm
August 27, 2019 at 6:37 am #4463065

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

From what I see, it is not the original which is broken, but a translation?
hidden link

Originals seems to be having all this properly, but there are no bundled products on translations. Is this working properly on your original site, can you show me the link?

I do see that you're using advanced translation editor on this site, maybe it is related because I have not tested this with ATE on my localhost.

You are using ATE on the original site, or classic translation editor?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 27, 2019 at 8:49 am #4463945

joepF

Thank you. We use the classic translation editor on the original site.

"Originals seems to be having all this properly, but there are no bundled products on translations" - this is exactly the problem 🙂

Original: hidden link

August 27, 2019 at 10:06 am #4464709

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Can you try testing this with a new product on your site?

I thought it was the translation editor possible issue, but now I see that it is not:

hidden link
demo
2MNeAbC00ld2

Examples:
hidden link
hidden link

This is exactly what I did:
- Translated few products into Dutch
- chose one of these products, created a bundle with it where I selected translated products
- translated that product using ATE

What I check in the backend, everything seems to be properly set. Therefore, can you try the following?
- create 3 new products on your site and translate them using ATE
- on any of these products, choose another 2 and set as bundle
- redeliver translation through ATE

Does it work for new products?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

September 6, 2019 at 12:59 pm #4525397

joepF

Hi Bruno,

Sorry for the delay in response. I was not able to reply due to personal circumstances.

Anyway, on to the issue. I followed your instructions step-by-step: indeed, translations of bundled products do work fine for new products.

What I'll try now is reconfigure the product bundle as simple product, save, and than reconfigure as a bundle again and see if this solves the problem.

September 9, 2019 at 5:54 am #4533745

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

No worries - let me know how it goes. Otherwise I saw no problems with the plugin itself.

Regards,
Bruno Kos