This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Amelia Pearce 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
March 19, 2019 at 11:45 pm #3383919

Amelia Pearce

Hello-

When I go to a post category and edit the translation, I'm able to update the SEO title as well. However, I'm unable to do that for Woocommerce product categories. How can I update that?

Thanks,
Amy

March 20, 2019 at 8:55 am #3386273

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Amy,

Please explain the steps or the method you are using to translate the products.

I can also check from the debug information your site is using an older version of WPML can you please update to the latest version of WPML and its add-ons and verify whether you can reproduce the same.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your test site to take a better look at the issue. Could you please indicate me how to replicate this behaviour?

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Kind regards
Raja

March 21, 2019 at 6:53 am #3395895

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply, I am unable to access the site its returning 500 error.

Please try the below steps :

Go to WPML -> Settings and in the custom fields section, Search for the word Yoast, You will see all the fields listed for Yoast. check the Yoast Meta Description field. Set it to translate. If it is already set to translate, please set it to something different and save the changes. Then set it back to translate and save again.

Next, edit the product in the original language and update the meta description. Now, when you view the translation editor, do you see the fields to translate the Yoast strings?

If not, please go to WPML -> String Translation. Are you seeing multiple strings available for the Yoast Meta Description here?

Let me know the details

Kind regards
Raja

March 21, 2019 at 3:47 pm #3410693

Amelia Pearce

Hello, sorry, I had updated all the plugins and we are still using an older version of PHP so the plugin that required a later version breaked the site but I didn't have a chance to remove it.

You can now access it. I wasn't able to look for what you mentioned above in the WPML settings and I didn't know what to look for in String Translations. Sorry, I'm still very new to this plugin.

Thanks,
Amy

March 22, 2019 at 9:50 am #3438891

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

To translate the Yoast Product Archive titles.
1) Please go to WPML > String Translation
2) Select the domain "admin_texts_wpseo_title"
3) The name for Product titles is "[wpseo_titles]title-tax-product_cat" (check attached screenshot).
4) Add the translation, select translation compelte and save

This translates the YOAST SEO titles for Product categories

I hope this helps

Kind regards
Raja

April 2, 2019 at 11:35 pm #3521129

Amelia Pearce

Thanks Raja,

Sorry it took awhile to get back, I got slammed with other projects. I just tried your step by step guide and it worked.

Amy