This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 39 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by tamerm 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
March 21, 2019 at 9:08 am #3397135

tamerm

Hello,
we added the products in english then in arabic, but sometimes when i get to remove an item from arabic cart , it doesn't get removed i tried this item hidden link its already translated and the item get removed in english just fine but this issue happens only in arabic, so the first bug of adding the items in arabic i see its fixed and please do try but there is a new bug in removing some items in arabic , i tried other items they got removed just fine but in this product it didn't it just refresh the page.

March 21, 2019 at 9:41 am #3397493

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

I run the following tests:
- Product removed correctly in arabic for guest user.
- Product removed correctly in arabic for authenticated user, when cart has only the product.

Tests with another product in cart in arabic hidden link
- When the product is first in the cart it is removed from the first try.
- When the product is second in the cart it does not get removed from the first try.
- When the product is first in the cart, then we remove the second product, it does not get removed from the first try.

I tried again with purging the cache from "Purge all caches"(attached image) and the issue was resolved.
Would you like to try from your end and confirm that the purge of cache resolves this issue ?

Mainly, i see this issue as somehow a conflict with other parts of your site(theme, plugins) and somehow as a data corruption for this product(as it is the only one to present this issue).
I would suggest that you run the last control on WooCommerce->WooCommerce Multilingual->Settings->Troubleshooting "Fix product_type taxonomy terms", see attached image.
Make sure to have a backup before running this action

If the issue is still present, please do the following:
1. Temporarily switch your theme back to the [Twenty Seventeen Theme](https://wordpress.org/themes/twentyseventeen/).
2. Disable all plugins except for WooCommerce.
3. Test to see if the issue has been resolved.

If that resolves the issue, then slowly re-enable theme and plugins until you find the one that’s causing the conflict. If it doesn’t resolve the issue, please let us know so that we can help you further.

Looking forward to you reply.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

March 22, 2019 at 12:22 am #3430575

tamerm

Hello,
ok i did the troubleshooting fix but its variations not product type and it was already 0 and for me clearing the cash did fix it but it happen sometimes again , i will also let the client test it again because he was the one who discover it first and then try the other solutions but hopefully it might be fixed.

March 22, 2019 at 3:49 pm #3442059

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. Let me know any news.
This does not need the cache to purge every time, otherwise this is a conflict with the cache plugin. Or probably with the server configuration. Maybe the server or the cache plugin is settings a special cookie.

If we can track the trigger of this issue, in what specific scenarios this happen, we can approach our compatibility team, but we will need to reproduce it with a default theme and minimal plugins in our clean install.

I remain at your disposal

Best regards,
Jamal

March 23, 2019 at 10:50 pm #3447571

tamerm

Hello,
well surprisingly now if you try adding all the top 5 products here hidden link you will see that some will get added and some will be removed although all have translations, and they are in english not sure why , also if you try to delete the item from the cart you will see its still cause an issue , i am actually testing on another server too and still the same although sometimes everything works as it should be.

March 25, 2019 at 9:22 am #3450925

Jamal
Supporter

Hi,

I tried to test this case but i could not get a link to the top 5 products. Please provide links so i can test this.

Can you also purge all caches then deactivate cache for the time of testing and check again ?

Please make a database backup, sync products stocks in WooCommerce Multilingual->Settings->Troubleshooting. And check again ?

Best regards,
Jamal

March 25, 2019 at 9:38 pm #3458261

tamerm

hi,
i actually mean to add the first 7 items in the homepage in the daily deals section , check the attached photo and add them while standing in the homepage not from inside each one of them because this is how i tested it.
i did purge the cache then disabled the cache plugin again.
i also made the troubleshooting and tested afterwards but still some get added and some not.

March 26, 2019 at 12:35 pm #3462311

Jamal
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. I tried the following in the egyptian english page in here:
hidden link and i was able to add and remove all the products in "Daily Deals".
I guess this is possible after you deactivated cache plugins!

Were you able to perform this after disabling the cache ?

Best regards,
Jamal

March 26, 2019 at 10:32 pm #3466777

tamerm

Hello,
no i am still having the problem and now i am sure its related to wpml only, i deactivated the theme and used the two main wordpress themes and they had the same issue of not able to add all the products i mentioned before, so i tried disabling wpml and it works as it should be with the theme bought by the client, and the deletion too cause an issue sometimes in the cart and i didn't reactivate the cache plugin yet.

March 27, 2019 at 1:57 pm #3471705

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

At this point, i would like to clone the website locally for more investigations. We use Duplicator for that. Unfortunately i am not connected any more to your website and the credentials provided in your last ticket were removed after it has been resolved. See attached image.

I activated the private box to share securely access informations.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

March 27, 2019 at 10:42 pm #3476037

tamerm

i am sorry i had to remove the info because i clicked send and i could see it public so please send me again the message that i can add the user privately so sorry for that

March 27, 2019 at 10:44 pm #3476045

tamerm

is there another way to provide this user in the ticket itself

March 27, 2019 at 11:06 pm #3476077

tamerm

you can use the user i provided before i just updated the password with the one you have

March 28, 2019 at 10:48 am #3479717

Jamal
Supporter

Hello Tamer,

I am sorry, but the previous login information are removed. I have activated the private box to securely share the user/password. You can also use my email jamal.b(at)onthegosystems.com, it is also available in my profile page
https://wpml.org/forums/users/jamal-b/

Best regards,
Jamal

March 28, 2019 at 4:30 pm #3483899

Jamal
Supporter

Hi Tamer,

When trying to access /wp-admin i get redirected to /404/.
When trying to access /wp-login.php i get a 404 error.

I cannot do anything right now.
Are you using a Security a plugin that causes this ?
Are you able to access the admin area ?

If this is an issue, please rename the wp-plugins folder. If we can access the backend, it means a plugin is causing this issue. Rename the folder back, and install only Duplicator so we can take a snapshot before continuing debugging.
Then activate plugins one-by-one to detect which is causing this issue.

Best regards,
Jamal