This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Using a module in visual composer to show products from a product category showed the titles and and names in english also in pages in the secondary languages.

Solution: The problem originated because the product category base was not originally in english but in the secondary language and had not been translated. Visual Composer modules mixed the language information.

Translating the product category base (even if being in the secondary language) and then using the corresponding product category slug for each language page in the visual composer module by adding it via classic mode in the text editor screen solved the issue and showed the product titles in the corresponding language.

A definite solution to these kind of problems is to keep all default WooCommerce categories in the same language and then create the translations for them.

Relevant Documentation:

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by luis-adrianZ 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Cristina.

Author Posts
April 19, 2017 at 9:26 pm #1257523

luis-adrianZ

Hi.

I'm working in a multilanguage website with woocommerce.

I have 2 pages, 1 in spanish and the other in english.

(1) SP: hidden link
(2) EN: hidden link

The products from the 2 pages at the bottom, are showing the product titles in English. But I need showing them in Spanish in the page (1).

If you can see when you clic them, the products are good there. The problem is showing them in the previous pages.

I already do the translations using WPML Woocommerce plugin, but I don't know why it shows the names in English in the Spanish page.

Thank you for your help.

April 20, 2017 at 2:48 pm #1258199

Cristina

Dear Luis,

It seems that the element containing the title is not fetching the translations is ruled by a page builder. Are the boxes showing the wrong product title generated by using Visual Composer.

To show translated elements controlled by Visual Composer you have to duplicate the products first and then translate them.

If you are using shortcodes to call the products in the boxes, you can configure these to be translatable. It is possible to translate the shortcodes if you don’t see them in the String Translation module. All that is required is a WPML language configuration file added to the plugin.

For this you need to know the name of the shortcode you want to translate. Then you can create or open an existing wpml-config.xml file in your root folder. Add the shortcode for your element and save it.
After saving WPML should be able to recognise the field as translatable and show the translations connected to it.

You will find information about language configuration files here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files

You will find information visit our page about integrating page builders that use shortcodes with WPML.
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/visual-composer/
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-integration-with-page-builders-that-use-shortcodes/

If you have any further issues with this or need help with, we will be happy to help you with this. I would ask you for access credentials to your site in that case.

Kind regards,

Cristina

April 20, 2017 at 3:55 pm #1258295

luis-adrianZ

Hi Cristina, thank you for your answer.

You understand perfectly the issue. I'm using the woocommerce shortcode [product_category] but I don't know how to fix it using the wpml.xml file.

I can give to you the credentials to do it.

Can you help me with this, please?

April 20, 2017 at 4:10 pm #1258307

Cristina

Dear Luis,

I would eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

✙ Please add the Links to the […] Edit Screen, the Page/Post where you insert the […] and the corresponding Front End Page/Screen

In case it is needed, I would like you to give me the permission to install the Duplicator plugin and make a snapshot of your site to install on my testserver and test any changes locally.

If you already know how Duplicator works (http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/),
just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded. Otherwise I will do that from your site.

Kind regards,

Cristina

April 21, 2017 at 9:00 am #1258800

Cristina

Dear Luis,

thank you for the access details. I could access your site and I am creating a duplicate to emulate on my test install.

I will answer you with the solution.

Kind regards,

Cristina

April 21, 2017 at 10:14 am #1258878

Cristina

Hi,

just a quick update.

I replicated your exact site on my server but without the cache and the problem dissapeared. But when I updated your pages, cleared the cache and resaved permalinks in your site nothing changed.

I am testing now with a full replica including uploads and cache of your site to see where the issues origin.

I'll keep you informed,

Cristina

April 21, 2017 at 1:46 pm #1259045

luis-adrianZ

Thank you Cristina. I'll hope you find the issue.

April 21, 2017 at 4:09 pm #1259198

Cristina

Hello Luis,

I have fixed the page and I hope it stays that way, though the underlying problem may not have been solved in a definite way.

I think the main cause for your problem with that page wass the fact that two default strings in WooCommerce were marked as Spanish instead of English (categoría de producto) and the languages get mixed up in the composer.

As I did not dare to change your WooCommerce .mo files, I just translated the string for product category, and I resaved all translated admin strings regarding “categoría de producto” and the woocommerce permalink strings and tried to resynchronize categories. This caused the page to freeze but seems to have worked.

For practical use, to change the texts in the page builder modules to spanish, you can edit the text version in the classic mode using “cubiertas” as product category for the spanish widget and “roofs-and-terraces” for the english widget.

This seems to work, and I attach a screenshot of a test page with both versions on it to illustrate.

If you have to use the page builder again, I would recommend to change the queried category manually in the text editor using the language of the page before saving.

I hope you don’t mind that I have increased the memory in your WP to 256M to run smoother.

Kind regards,

Cristina

April 25, 2017 at 5:30 pm #1261590

luis-adrianZ

Hi Cristina.

Don't worry about the memory limit. Thanks for your help, you're amazing.

I'm going to fix the other websites that have the same problem.

Have a nice day!