This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 22 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
May 28, 2018 at 2:23 pm #2239450

Florian

I am trying to: Get an invoice from a Woocommerce product with Sliced Invoices plugin in the same language as the client ordered it in WooCommerce

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: See attachment

I expected to see: That the invoice is directly visible in the right language.

Instead, I got: I see that the invoice is published when I change the status of the WooCommerce product to invoice. But it is not recognized in a translation and so I can not see it. When I change the Multilingual content setup from "Make 'Invoices' translatable" to "Make 'Invoices' appear as translated" or vice versa the invoice is visibile in english and only english.

So to make an invoice visibile I have to switch every time, after an invoice is created from the way WPML is translating it.

May 29, 2018 at 6:25 pm #2247763

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Thank you for contacting the WPML support forum.

The Sliced Invoices plugin (hidden link) is not on our compatibility list.
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/
Not being on this list does not mean that it is not compatible it just means we do not know yet if it is.

First and maybe to make it easier for I would like to mention the following.
I can see that you have installed on your site an add-on for this plugin (one of a few others) that is in charge of translating the invoiced.
hidden link
Can you translate the invoices with the designates add-on?
If so then it can save both of us time, I think.

If you would still want to translate the invoices with WPML, then please share with me the plugin so I'll be able to test this issue on a clean WordPress installation and get help from our compatibility team if needed. I would also need from you the exact steps on how to use the plugin and replicate the issue.
Can you share with me the plugin so I can test it on my local server?
You can upload it to a service like Google Drive or Dropbox and share the link with me.
For this, I'll enable private message for the next reply.

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 30, 2018 at 9:21 am #2249926

Florian

Hi Itamar, Thank you for you response. I have uploaded all there plugins here: hidden link

I also tested it without their translation plugin, but this didn't make a difference. I need translation in two languages, so than their plugin is useless.

My steps
1. I installed the plugins
2. Change the status of a woocommerce order from published to invoice and saved it.
3. An invoice is created, but is not visible underneath a language.
4. When I change the Multilingual content setup from "Make 'Invoices' translatable" to "Make 'Invoices' appear as translated" or vice versa the invoice is visibile in english. It also does not pickup the language of the order in which it was created.

If you could check where the problem occurs, and have a solution, would be great!

Thanks in advanced.

May 30, 2018 at 5:19 pm #2252702

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for sharing with me the plugins.

Is it necessary to install all of them to be able to replicate the issue?

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 30, 2018 at 9:04 pm #2253458

Florian

Good question....I just left the two plugins which are needed... 🙂

May 31, 2018 at 9:15 am #2255147

Itamar
Supporter

Ok, I'll continue to debug it today.

May 31, 2018 at 1:07 pm #2256349

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I've installed the plugins on my local test site, and now I understand better how it works.
The Sliced Invoices' invoice is a custom post type, and a new post/invoice is being created order is being made. All the invoices strings seem to be translatable as far as I can see on my test site. It is possible to translate them in the Strings Translation section and the Strings in Admin Screens section. Please read more about Strings in Admin Screens at the following link.
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/
I was able to translate those strings. Please see attached screenshots slice-in-st.jpg, slice-in-admin.jpg, admin-text-slice.jpg, invoice-fr.jpg. So the strings of the invoice are translatable.

Indeed I can see that if you change the status of the order in WooCommerce -> Orders the invoice is only being created in English. But I've found out that if you enable the option 'Sliced Invoices' in WooCommerce -> Settings -> Payments and then that is an option that the user/client can choose when on the checkout page then the invoice is being produced in the language that he has checked out. Please see attached screenshot pay-via-invioce.jpg

Can you try it too on your site?
If you automatically need an invoice for any order on your site and not any other payment method, is that a good solution for you?

I look forward to your reply!

Regards,
Itamar.

May 31, 2018 at 2:36 pm #2256953

Florian

Hi Itamar,

Thanks for proceeding. The translation of the plugin is working fine. I found everything for that.
The problem is when I change the status to invoice...then the invoice is not appearing in a language as if it is not assigned.
The solution that you are describing is not a solution for us, because then people didn't pay and just got an invoice. We want that they first are able to pay and then get an invoice from us.

Hope you find the solution for that too!

Thanks in advanced.

May 31, 2018 at 5:42 pm #2257928

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I can see that the when you change the status of the order in WooCommerce -> Orders to 'Invoice' the invoice is not in the language that it was ordered from. I believe that it is because it is being done from the Orders section which probably does not hold any language information. But you do have the option to translate the Invoice. Please see attached screenshot.
Have you noticed that?
Is this a good solution for you?

Regards,
Itamar.

May 31, 2018 at 7:54 pm #2258423

Florian

Hi Itamar,

That the invoice is not in the language that it was ordered in is not such of a problem. I can easily add a translation or change the translation.
The problem is that it is not recognized in any translation and so I can not even see it!
See you can see in the attachment. 6 published but only a total of 5 appear in a translation. The 5 are visible because I switched back an forth in the way WPML is translating it.
As I said in my first post:

"When I change the Multilingual content setup from "Make 'Invoices' translatable" to "Make 'Invoices' appear as translated" or vice versa the invoice is visibile in english and only english.

So to make an invoice visibile I have to switch every time, after an invoice is created from the way WPML is translating it."

My question is how can the invoice appear normally.

May 31, 2018 at 9:17 pm #2258922

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

OK, I see it now, although I get somewhat different behavior on my test site.
After that, I switch the translation method from "Make 'Invoices' translatable" to "Make 'Invoices' appear as translated" and back, I get some of the invoices duplicated in the English language. Please see attached screenshot.

I'll need to continue debugging it on Sunday and escalate to our compatibility team as it seems like a compatibility issue. It might be that the cooperation of the plugin's author with us will be needed on this issue and certainly on making their plugins fully compatible with WPML. I can see in our internal documentation that our compatibility team was in contact with them about a year ago, but the compatibility process was not completed for the reason that is not known to me.

I'll keep you updated on this issue.

Thanks for your patience,
Itamar.

June 1, 2018 at 7:50 am #2259772

Florian

Great, I will look forward to it and also contact the author of the plugin.

June 3, 2018 at 8:34 pm #2266248

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

This is an update to let you know that I'll be able to continue this task tomorrow.

Thank you for your patience,
Itamar.

June 4, 2018 at 8:41 pm #2271730

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I've sent a request to our compatibility team and asked them to renew the contact with the author of the Sliced Invoice plugin to make it compatible with WPML.

About the debugging of the specific issue that you are having. Still, I could not replicate it exactly. Please see the following link the screencast that I've made while trying to replicate the issue on a clean WordPress installation. hidden link.
Am I following the right procedure or do I miss anything?
I ask it because as you can see, I get the invoices shown.

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 26, 2018 at 11:02 am #2434982

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.
Update
I can see in our internal documentation that the compatibility process with the author is progressing, but I do not know when it will be finished. Those things take time usually.

If you have any comment on my previous reply and still need help with this issue, I'll be glad to hear about it.

Best Regards,
Itamar.