This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by rufusB 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
January 28, 2019 at 12:47 pm

rufusB

I am trying to: Edit Products

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Only visible when WPML Translation Management and/or String Translator are active

I expected to see: A Woocommerce product backend

Instead, I got: 500 internal service error

January 29, 2019 at 2:35 am #3137961

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

thank you for the access details , i was able to see the issue

I would need to see the detail of the error. You can see how to enable debug logging here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Edit your wp-config.php file and add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

This will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents.

January 31, 2019 at 9:41 am #3147004

rufusB

Hi, I'm unwell at the moment and will get back to you ASAP

January 31, 2019 at 7:14 pm #3149532

Bobby
Supporter

No problem , once ready just update me here and i will be notified !

February 5, 2019 at 12:12 pm #3161756

rufusB

Hi, I've tried that and placed the text both after @ini_set('display_errors',0); and before /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ as you suggest, but as far as i can find, neither has generated an error log I'm afraid.

February 5, 2019 at 6:37 pm #3163363

Bobby
Supporter

Sometimes it does take a while for the error log to generate and WPML will need to be activated again so it crashes in order for the new error log to capture it

if possible i would like to take a closer look , to do this safely i will need access to FTP in case WPML causes an error 500 i can deactivate it manually

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you,
Bobby

February 8, 2019 at 2:12 pm
February 11, 2019 at 5:46 pm #3184738

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

i have resolved the following error within your site

"We detected that the product_type field was set incorrectly for some product translations. This happened because the product_type taxonomy was translated."

regarding the error 500 , it seems to be related to WooCommerce Mutlilingual , i am currently testing this on our staging site for compatibility issues between WooCommerce Multilingual and 3rd party plugins without interfering with your live site and i will be updating you shortly

February 11, 2019 at 5:55 pm #3184757

rufusB

Thanks for the update. Just so you know, I'll be migrating to a new host over the next couple of days.

February 11, 2019 at 7:53 pm
February 18, 2019 at 12:47 pm #3212250

rufusB

Hi, this problem does seem to have been caused by my site host. Having moved it has stopped. My issue is resolved now. Thank you!