Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to change the language of my WooCommerce product.

Solution: There is no automatic feature to do this but it can be done with this workaround (provided that product is not yet translated).

1. Duplicate the product from source language to the new language 2. Then edit the new language product and click on the "Translate independently" button 3. Edit the source language product and translate the contents to another language (or remove it if you don't want this product in this language)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dan 4 years, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Pierre.

Author Posts
April 22, 2015 at 2:31 pm #604145

Dan

I am trying to: Finish a woocommerce website in Hebrew with English option.
The default wpml and wp language right now is English, but the woo products are all set as English, but the content is in Hebrew.

How should I fix or correct the hebrew products to be set as english. Duplicate and just translate ?

Sincerely

Dan

April 23, 2015 at 2:10 pm #604899

Pierre
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi Dan,

If I clearly understand your problem, I would suggest to do the following:
1. Duplicate the product to hebrew
2. Then edit the hebrew product and click on the "Translate independantly" button (in the "Language" block, see scrrenshot)
3. Edit the english product and translate the contents to english

Depending on the amount of products you have, you may use the WPML > Translation management interface for bulk process.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Pierre

April 23, 2015 at 3:28 pm #604961

Dan

Hi Pierre,

I managed to do just that, and it's ok, but why some options are not available to select on my Enfold theme ?

I think the Enfold theme developer overwritten some of the features.
I need to finish a Hebrew/English site tomorrow, and I feel like WPML is either one big mess of different settings, or perhaps you can recommend the BEST and Most compatible theme with WPML for Hebrew English.

Please help

Dan

April 23, 2015 at 4:28 pm #604995

Pierre
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Dan,

I can't tell you if one theme or another is better for hebrew. But I can suggest you to have a look in our theme's compatibility list here: http://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/

One thing which may be important for hebrew language is RTL (right to left) support. This feature is not related to WPML so it's better to check with the theme's author.

If you have any question about theme's compatibility or other topic, please feel free to open a new thread.

Regards,
Pierre

May 5, 2015 at 9:21 am #611949

Dan

Hello Pierre,

I want to have one language for now, Hebrew, and add the English later on.
I have all the products in Hebrew as a nice csv with sku numbers etc'.
How should I start a clean wordpress install for example with Divi theme ?
How should I approach the wpml install ?

Example:

Should I install normal english version on wordpress, then install Divi, and then when I install WPML, it would ask me if the site is in English or Hebrew.
What should I tell the wizard then ?

Should I skip wpml, define my wp install language to Hebrew, import the hebrew products, and install wpml later on once I'll need the English version ?

Thanks

Dan