Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Woocommerce Products (elementor widget) is not translating the proper category to English and therefore displays ALL the content

Solution: Please update both Elementor, Elementor PRO and WPML add-ons to their latest releases.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by shaneB-8 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
June 12, 2019 at 12:55 pm #4004505

shaneB-8

Actually I can see this also happening on another page now as well.. so it's becoming more urgent for me. Please advise

June 12, 2019 at 2:40 pm #4005379

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi there, the fix is about to be released hopefully by the end of the week. we actually tried to release it sooner but our devs found a few irregularities and postponed the release. it's coming though!

December 10, 2019 at 1:20 pm #5100111

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

I waited a bit to see if we received similar cases but we didn't so it seems our latest version does fix the problem you were facing: https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

We are working better with the Elementor devs since we both noticed that Elementor + WPML was becoming quite popular so hopefully the compatibility between the 2 will be faster to solve and will be less prone to issues!

Regards.

December 17, 2019 at 1:30 pm #5147309

shaneB-8

I'm fairly certain this was fixed as well after you had placed the fix. I can double check again and create a new ticket if it's not working!