This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
March 12, 2019 at 11:00 am #3321203

filipS-5

I am trying to: translate product

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: I got this message in the WP admin interface when tried to change language in this "old fashion" way: hidden link

So, I translated with this tool (hidden link) and no changes are seen.

Should I translated in the old way instead?

What I am doing wrong here?

I can give you login details to check out if necessary..

March 12, 2019 at 11:19 pm #3328909

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

By default, WPML recommends using the Translation Editor (your second screenshot). This makes it easy to translate the content of your site. When you say no changes are seen, are you talking about the front-end?

I noticed you are using some cache plugin. Have you tried clearing your site and server cache to see if the problem persists?

Thank you.

March 13, 2019 at 11:38 pm #3338835

filipS-5

Hi Bruno,

It seems caching has been the issue, even though I have deleted it multiple times before that...

Please let me know just one more thing. This is recommended way of translating. What about classic way? Are there any downfalls? Would that be ok as well?

Thanks.

March 15, 2019 at 3:56 am #3350995

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Glad to hear that it now works. Using Translator Editor Classic will facilitate translation. Both formats should work correctly.

That is, you can choose the format you want, but it is recommended to use the Translation Editor. You should choose the format that you feel comfortable with. Some facilities with the Translation Editor are the synchronization of some content between the default language and the secondary language.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.