This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
April 18, 2019 at 7:07 am #3636683

magnusB-8

I am trying to:

Quick edit WooCommerce product's values (e.g. stock quantity) which causes at least some of the meta data to be copied to the translations of the product. This is at least the case with Yoast primary category value.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Install WooCommerce, WPML, WooCommerce Multilingual, Yoast SEO

2. Create a product with 3 languages English (main language), Finnish (translation of en) and Swedish (translation of en)

3. Add translations to multiple categories and choose a primary category (Yoast SEO functionality)

4. Quick edit the English product

5. Change some value, like stock quantity, and save

6. The translations (fi and se) will now have the same primary category as the English product even though the category language is English. This can be verified from DB with query:

SELECT * FROM `wp_postmeta` WHERE `post_id` IN (EN_ID, FI_ID, SV_ID) AND `meta_key` = '_yoast_wpseo_primary_product_cat';

I expected to see:

None of the primary category IDs change if the primary category is still selected as a category for the product. At least the translation categories wouldn't change.

Instead, I got:

All primary categories were changed to the English primary category.

April 18, 2019 at 8:41 am #3637409

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can you please check my next private message for more details?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] WooCommerce quick edit manipulates meta data for all languages’ is closed to new replies.