This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
May 3, 2018 at 2:37 pm #1960784

lucaS-37

Dear Madam/Sir,

I've translated product descriptions using a machine translator and the translations through the WooCommerce REST API to its product.

This works well, products are now available in various languages.

Since it's a machine translation, I need to correct parts of the translations manually, which I intend to do in the WPML back-end. I.e in WPML > Translations > Language version of product.

To my surprise, the translated description of the product is not shown. See screenshot for example.

I can, of course, edit translations using the API, but since it'll be manual editing, I'd rather do so in the WPML back-end.

I'd be happy to know if there's a solution for this.

With kind regards,

Luca Spanjaard

May 4, 2018 at 9:19 pm #1982263

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

Is the description correctly entered in the default language? For example, accessing the product edit page, you can see the description field filled in correctly?

If so, have you tried to save the default language just by accessing the original product and then updating this product to see if the description will be displayed in the translations?

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] WooCommerce REST API inserted translation not editable in translation management’ is closed to new replies.