Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
January 25, 2020 at 5:15 pm #5362119

anitaK-2

Dear Support,

I have an issue with the shipping classes of woocommerce when WPML 4.3.6 is on. Basically, the shipping costs are messed up when I try to save changes. Costs associated to a shipping class are moved to a different one and others are copied to a different class.
The problem is caused by WPML because when I deactivate the plugin the problem is gone.

While investigating the problem I have also realized that for some reasons I have copies of the shipping classes in excess than the number of translated languages and in other cases I do not have the right number.

Please help me to solve the problem that is affecting me since the last update of WPML of last December.

Fabio.

January 27, 2020 at 2:17 pm #5370497

Bruno

Thank you for contacting us. Have you tried to keep WPML enabled and the other plugins disabled to test? This is important because some compatibility issue may be happening.

If not, please as a test, could you disable all non-WPML plugins, switch to the default theme and see if the problem persists?

If the problem is fixed, please, enable the plugins one by one to see if there is any compatibility problem between these plugins.

Thank you.

January 27, 2020 at 3:02 pm #5370753

anitaK-2

Dear Bruno,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I have already tried. The problem is clearly visible when all the plugins are disabled except WPML and Woocommerce.

As anticipated, my seco d step was to disable also WPML and leave only Woocommerce on and the problem was not visible. The problem comes back when o reactivate WPML (while all the other plugins are off).

Any suggestion?

Fabio

January 28, 2020 at 10:59 pm #5380697

anitaK-2

Dear Bruno,

Could you please provide me support on this issue or perhaps escalate the case?
It is affecting my website very heavily and as explained it is caused by WPML.

Thank you in advance.

January 29, 2020 at 2:38 pm #5385335

Bruno

Sorry for the delay in my response. I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

January 29, 2020 at 10:52 pm #5388097

Bruno

Thank you for the explanation and the credentials. I will go to your website and see what may be going on. I will contact you soon.

Thank you.

January 30, 2020 at 7:04 pm #5394809

Bruno

Thank you for waiting. I tested your site and it looks like the values are being changed in the incorrect shipping class.

That is when a shipping class is changed, in fact, another shipping class that is receiving the new value.

>>> In addition, I have noticed the following odd behavior. Once WPML is disabled, if you go into woocommerce/shipping/shipping classes menu. You will see a number of classes that is not correct.

Some shipping classes are translated (WooCommerce> WooCommerce Multilingual> Shipping Class) and when you disable WPML, all shipping classes (even those in the secondary language) are displayed in the primary language. So the amount is different.

Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

Thank you.

January 30, 2020 at 8:18 pm #5395053

anitaK-2

Dear Bruno,

Thank you for your analysis.

Please note that I created the staging site for you in order to make tests and fix the problem. You could work over there. I would prefer this approach unless you tell me that there are technical reasons for making a local copy. If this is the case I just ask you to let me know and please confirm that at the end, when the problem will be identified and solved and the ticket closed, the website and all related data will be fully cancelled from your local pc.

> In addition, I have noticed the following odd behavior. Once WPML is disabled, if you go into woocommerce/shipping/shipping classes menu. You will see a number of classes that is not correct.

>>Some shipping classes are translated (WooCommerce> WooCommerce Multilingual> Shipping Class) and when you disable WPML, all shipping classes (even those in the secondary language) are displayed in the primary language. So the amount is different.

>>>I understand, nevertheless the number is wrong and I could clearly see that for the same language there are duplications (this was not like that in the past). Please have a look at it, I strongly believe there is something wrong...

Best regards.

Fabio.

January 30, 2020 at 9:25 pm #5395345

Bruno

>>> Please note that I created the staging site for you in order to make tests and fix the problem. You could work over there. I would prefer this approach unless you tell me that there are technical reasons for making a local copy.

The technical reason is that on your server I can't run any debuggers to try to identify the problem. In addition, even if I had access to FTP and the database, it would still be slower than testing directly in my testing environment.

If it is necessary to forward this to 2nd tier support, they will also need to have access to the website's files, such as the database so that we can find out what's going on. A local copy is essential for this.

>>> If this is the case I just ask you to let me know and please confirm that at the end, when the problem will be identified and solved and the ticket closed, the website and all related data will be fully cancelled from your local pc.

We will certainly remove the files from your website from our testing environment as soon as the problem is resolved. The reason for having the files on your site is just to help us understand and solve the problem.

Thank you.

January 30, 2020 at 10:08 pm #5395425

anitaK-2

Dear Bruno,

Thank you for your clarification and confirmation.

Please go ahead with the local copy.

Looking forward to solve the problem, hearing from you.

Best regards.

Fabio.

January 31, 2020 at 9:23 pm #5402229

Bruno

Hello Fabio,

Thank you. I've installed Duplicator plugin and I did a copy of your site. I will install it on my test environment and soon I will contact you.

Thank you.

February 3, 2020 at 11:15 pm #5416071

Bruno

I tested the problem in my testing environment and I contacted 2nd tier support so they can verify it. As soon as 2nd tier support tests your site, I will keep you posted.

Thank you.

February 5, 2020 at 8:45 pm #5434131

anitaK-2

Dear Bruno,

Do you have an update? was the second level support capable of identifying a solution?

For your information I have a staging site where I have the same website prior to the WPML update where everything works fine. I do not whether it could be useful for troubleshooting.

Thanks.

Fabio.

February 5, 2020 at 9:08 pm #5434319

Bruno

Not yet. I'm still waiting for 2nd tier support and as soon as they respond I will update you.

>>> For your information I have a staging site where I have the same website prior to the WPML update where everything works fine. I do not whether it could be useful for troubleshooting.

From what I realized while testing your site, it is likely that the shipping classes were corrupted. I can change a shipping class, for example, but it changes another shipping class and not what I changed. That is, it seems that the shipping classes have been corrupted.

So I needed to contact 2nd tier support so that they can check what may be happening. Perhaps as a test, you can create a third stanging area with the content of your working website and try to update WPML again. Maybe this can work since according to you it was working before and stopped working after the update.

As soon as I have a response from 2nd tier support I will contact you.

Thank you.

February 8, 2020 at 12:31 am #5450641

anitaK-2

Dear Bruno,

Do you have an update to us? Did you manage to fix the corrupted tables?

I cannot create a third staging with the old version. In the mean time I made several changes with my products and I cannot loose more than one month of work. I would prefer you to identify the reason of this behaviour and tell me how to fix it. I have just updated WPML following the instructions provided by WPML.

Best regards.

Fabio.

The topic ‘[Closed] Woocommerce shipping classes not working with WPML 4.3.6’ is closed to new replies.