Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.99 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
October 14, 2019 at 8:34 am

jaakI

I am trying to:

Woocommerce->Settings->Shipping
Choose the shipping method (for example: Smartpost Estonia)
Change shipping method title from "Smartpost Pakiautomaat" to "Smartpost parcel terminal"
WPML->String translations
Search string "Smartpost"
Expected result: See string "Smartpost parcel terminal" in the search result
Actual result: Old string "Smartpost Pakiautomaat" is displayed.

Previously everything has been worked.
WPML and Woocommerce are uptodate.

October 15, 2019 at 12:22 am #4753207

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

I am not able to find any shipping method with the name "Smartpost parcel terminal".

The current shipping methods are:

- Tulen ise järgi ja tasun kohapeal (Liivalaia 43)
- Tulen ise järgi (Sära tee 1, Peetri)

Those strings are able to be located on String Translation. I also scanned WooCommerce for new strings at WPML -> Theme and Plugin Localization.

The only issue is that those strings are by default assigned to English. You can adjust the language setting for the strings on String Translation. (See screenshots)
Simply mark the strings and choose Estonian from the language selection dropdown.

Now, translate the shipping method.

In case you still locate strings on String Translation that are outdated, you can simply mark and delete them.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

October 15, 2019 at 7:46 am #4755153

jaakI

Hello,

Sorry, my mistake. Because this site has been used to solve another flaw with WPML and during this, all additional plugins have been turned off. Therefore the shipping methods I have problems are not visible (hidden link). Please refer my 1st post again.

October 15, 2019 at 2:59 pm #4758375

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Sometimes, such strings that are based on theme or plugin options, will need to be added manually to the String Translation module by using the option "translate texts in admin screens", which can be found at the bottom of the String Translation screen.

I have added the string as you can see on the screenshot. You should now be able to edit and translate it.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas