This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices.

Last updated by stefanijaV 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
May 18, 2018 at 2:08 pm #2189639

milenY

I am trying to: open the shop page in the frontend
Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link
I expected to see: Page filled with products (only one currently)
Instead, I got: empty page

It seems problem is related to permalinks. It is easily fixed by flushing permalinks. But the problem is that at some point the problem appears once again. We are currently not doing any updates to the content or anything via the admin. So the problem seems to show up seemingly by itself after some time. It also somehow gets fixed by itself too from time to time... Can you please give me any clues what could cause this behavior?

May 21, 2018 at 2:10 pm #2201937

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @mileny, Welcome to the WPML support forum! I will do my best to help you.

Just to check: Is the product already translated? You can do this on WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual > Products tab.

I noticed that when you visit your website, it displays a mixed content (https) error on console. You can fix it using a plugin like this: https://wordpress.org/plugins/ssl-insecure-content-fixer/.

Also, please try the following:
PS: Please make backup of your database before using this.
1. Go to WPML->Support.
2. Scroll down to the bottom and click the "troubleshooting" link.
3. In the "Clean up" section find the "Fix post type assignment for translations" button. Click it.
4. Find the "Clear the cache in WPML" button. Click it.
5. Find the "Remove ghost entries from the translation tables" button. Click it.
6. Go to Settings->Permalinks and re-save your settings.

If you have any cache on your site or server, clear it as well.

Please let me know if it fixed the issue.

All the best,
Diego

May 25, 2018 at 10:44 am #2228479

milenY

Thank you, Diego, for your suggestions.
I've done the purposed fixes. Now I hope the problem will not show up again.
If it does, I'll let you know in this thread.

Best regards,
Milen

June 17, 2018 at 1:53 pm #2417512

milenY

Hello again.

Unfortunately the problem showed up once again. Without any apparent reason the shop front page is empty: hidden link

What could cause this?

Thanks,
Milen

June 17, 2018 at 2:00 pm #2417519

milenY

I saw some updates available and did them. Now the shop page is loading correctly again... I'll monitor the issue and will write back if the problem persist.

June 18, 2018 at 12:11 pm #2419007

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi Milen, I'm glad to hear that the issue is solved ?

Please contact us if you need our help in the future with WPML. We will be more than happy to help.

Cheers,
Diego

November 1, 2018 at 1:05 pm #2869028

milenY

Dear WPML Support,

After several months of monitoring the issue it is still present as described by my first post.
Woocommerce home shop page is not accessible in English:
hidden link

Issue is resolved by flushing permalinks. I've tried again to clear the cache as purposed by Diego here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/woocommerce-shop-page-empty/#post-2201937

I've also upgraded several times to latest versions of everything (WordPress and WPML plugins) hopping the issue will resolve - but it doesn't.

Please advice how can this be fixed?

Thanks,
Milen

April 29, 2019 at 5:31 pm #3705851

marcinP-15

@mileny did you solved issue? I have same.

May 2, 2019 at 5:29 pm #3727729

Kim Gamez

I too have ad this issue for some time now without resolution. I have tried every suggestion I could find on the forums

May 13, 2019 at 7:31 pm #3801337

tomasD-10

I have the same problem. If you flush permalinks, problem is fixed for a while. It would be nice if WPML developers will fix this problem, there are many tickets with same problem.

May 28, 2019 at 9:25 am #3904673

matthiasH-29

I had an identical problem. I simply embedded the shortcode [products] on the affected page. The correctly translated products are displayed

August 8, 2019 at 7:18 pm #4365603

stefanijaV

Same issue here. I reselect the shop page in Woocommerce settings and that fixes it, but only for a couple of hours.