This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: WooCommerce products are showing in one language but missing in the other language, even if they have been translated.

Solution: It seems that there is something on the client's site that is conflicting with WPML 4.1.4 so the client solved the issue by downgrading to WPML 4.0.4.

Here is the procedure to downgrade to an older version of WPML:

1. Create a full backup of the site first

2. Go to "Plugins" and delete WPML

3. Download the WPML version you want from your WPML.org account here: https://wpml.org/download/wpml-multilingual-cms/?section=changelog

4. Install it and activate it

Here is more information about the process: https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#updating-manually

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jose-antoniod-2 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
May 17, 2019 at 1:34 pm #3834809

jose-antoniod-2

Hi

I'm working with WMPL and WooCommerce Multilingual.
Everything is going OK... except the Shop Page.
I mean: I have created several productos and translated them using WooCommerce Multilingual... but the productos are only displayed on the English page, not in the Spanish one

I do not know what's going wrong

Thanks in advance
Jose Antonio de Luis

May 17, 2019 at 3:26 pm #3835725

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

From what I can see, you are using an older version of WPML.

Can you please create a full backup of the site and then update all the WPML plugins and maybe the other plugin updates that you might have available?

Please see if anything changes.

If it doesn't, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

I will be waiting for your response.

Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend so I will be able to get back to you at the beginning of next week.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

May 21, 2019 at 2:30 pm #3856163

jose-antoniod-2

Hi

I have tried, as you told me, to update the latest WPM version, and my web went down (debug information at the end of this message)

I have desactivated the plugin in order to restore the site.

As my priority is now to activate the translation system again, do you think it is possible to return to my previous WPML version and how?

Thanks in advance
Debug information:

mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function icl_get_string_id() in /var/www/vhosts/alcazababeach.com/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/url-handling/class-wpml-enpoints-support.php on line 107

mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function icl_get_string_id() in /var/www/vhosts/alcazababeach.com/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/url-handling/class-wpml-enpoints-support.php on line 107, referer: hidden link

May 21, 2019 at 2:58 pm #3856429

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

I am sorry to hear that you encountered that issue.

There are 2 options as far as I see things:

1. In case you have a backup, you can restore to the latest backup
2. Or you can manually downgrade to the version of WPML that you had before.

In order to do that, you should:

1. Create a full backup of the site first

2. Go to "Plugins" and delete WPML

3. Download the WPML version you had before from your WPML.org account here:
https://wpml.org/download/wpml-multilingual-cms/?section=changelog

4. Install it and activate it

Here is more information about the process:
https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#updating-manually

I hope that this will help you solve the current issue.

Kind regards,
Mihai

May 21, 2019 at 3:17 pm #3856547

jose-antoniod-2

Ok
I have first installed the 4.0.4 version, but...

If I follow the second option (you can manually downgrade to the version of WPML ), does it means I have to configure the plugin again, since the beginning?

The update version that broke the web was the 4.1.4. Do you think the issue I have told you (debug information) will be fixed if I update to 4.2.6?

In this case, will be enough to install that 4.2.6 version? Will it overwrite the actual version?

Thanks again

May 22, 2019 at 9:08 am #3863423

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

From what I am able to see in the debug information that you added at the beginning of the ticket, you were using WPML 4.1.4

First, please make sure that you have a backup of the current site.

After that, you could simply go to your site's directory (via file manager of FTP/SFTP): wp-content/plugins > and you could delete the "sitepress-multilingual" plugin folder and then upload and test with the latest version of the plugin.

We can't know if that will solve the issue or not until we don't try that.

You should not need to reconfigure the plugin again as the settings are saved in the Database so that is why it won't make any difference if you completely remove one WPML plugin version and try another one. Just make sure you don't click the RESET button in the WPML settings.

As long as you don't reset the plugin's settings, the settings and information of the translations should remain saved inside the database.

I hope that you will find this information helpful.

Please let me know how that goes.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai

May 22, 2019 at 10:00 am #3864095

jose-antoniod-2

Hi

Actually the debug is from 4.1.4 because that was the update that caused the issue, but, before updating, I've got the 4.0.4 version...

Just one question, please: if I follow your instructions, WPML setting will remain, as you told, but, when you say, "information of the translations should remain saved inside the database", does it mean every page and post I translated trhough WPML should remain?

Thanks again
Jose

May 22, 2019 at 3:03 pm #3866973

jose-antoniod-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!