Please make sure to update to WPML to the latest and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I need some clarification on what Woocommerce strings and multilanguage strings I can delete. for eg the attached woocommerce string, i am not using my own translation. can i delete this? i am trying to keep those that appear in the front end. any status 0 was already removed but i have more than 4,000 woocommerce strings to delete. wpml translation mgt strings about 976 - can this be deleted?

Solution: You can delete any string in WPML -> String Translation. You will get the strings back if you re-scan the plugin/theme WPML -> Theme and plugins localization.

This will depend also in the configuration in WPML -> String Translation -> 'Auto register for translation' section at the bottom left.

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
March 7, 2019 at 3:51 pm #3285529

hooiC

Tell us what you are trying to do? I need some clarification on what Woocommerce strings and multilanguage strings I can delete. for eg the attached woocommerce string, i am not using my own translation. can i delete this? i am trying to keep those that appear in the front end.
any status 0 was already removed but i have more than 4,000 woocommerce strings to delete. wpml translation mgt strings about 976 - can this be deleted?

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

March 7, 2019 at 4:01 pm #3285633

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

You can delete any string in WPML -> String Translation. You will get the strings back if you re-scan the plugin/theme WPML -> Theme and plugins localization.

This will depend also in the configuration in WPML -> String Translation -> 'Auto register for translation' section at the bottom left.

Please let me know if you need further assistance and I will be more than happy to help.
Kind regards,
Carlos

March 7, 2019 at 4:27 pm #3285832

hooiC

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

March 7, 2019 at 9:04 pm #3286980

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hi there,
I'm glad to hear that your question is clarified.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need our help in the future with WPML.
Best regards,
Carlos