This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
August 4, 2019 at 6:57 am #4335693

torbjornE-2

I am trying to implement a different domain per language on my site also using WooCommerce subscriptions.

I am testing this in my development environment currently. The original domain name was hidden link and I have added hidden link as the second domain.

When configuring the second domain name I get the message "It looks like this site has moved or is a duplicate site. WooCommerce Subscriptions has disabled automatic payments and subscription related emails on this site to prevent duplicate payments from a staging or test environment. WooCommerce Subscriptions considers hidden link to be the site's URL"

There is a possibility to activate payments again. When I do this it looks fine until I change language and access the admin panel from the second language. I then get "It looks like this site has moved or is a duplicate site. WooCommerce Subscriptions has disabled automatic payments and subscription related emails on this site to prevent duplicate payments from a staging or test environment. WooCommerce Subscriptions considers hidden link to be the site's URL".

August 5, 2019 at 10:05 am #4339635

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

I will help you with the issue.

WPML uses DNS alias configuration for a domain per language. As far as I see the issue seems to be related to WooCommerce Subscriptions with domain alias and not actually related to WPML.

I would suggest checking the issue with the plugin author Since the plugin considers the alias domain as a separate entity and hence disabled auto payments.

I hope this helps you better.

Kind regards
Raja