This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
April 25, 2019 at 4:16 pm #3684497

stevenH-12

My woocommerce site is radically slowing down when WPML active
Variation product page goes from 2,39 secs to 41,99 secs!!! This is insane!

This isn't the first time we had these problems, and I'm seriously considering switching to another solution. Every update is causing more and more trouble! But the latest update beats all the others in terms of inefficiency.

I need a solution for this. the shop is losing money right now!
I can't even reach my admin pages with wpml running.

April 26, 2019 at 2:24 am #3686975

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support and sorry for any incovenience this issue caused for you. We have other reports of slowness caused by the latest update, this way I recommend you to take a look at the solution detailed in this ticket: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/upgrading-to-wc-3-6-1-with-wc-multilingual-4-6-0-causes-problems-in-2nd-language/. Please, let me know if it works for you. Have a nice day.

April 26, 2019 at 8:39 am #3688907

stevenH-12

I switched back to version 4.4.2.1 of Woocommerce ML and it works again. But that is not a good solution.
The article linked in your reply refered to a currency switcher we are not using. It also offered a fix for version 4.6.0, mentioning there is a newer version 4.6.1
We had already installed version 4.6.1. hoping it would fix the problem that occurred in version 4.6.0 but apparently it did not.
For now I will continue to use 4.4.2.1 but hope there is a permanent solution soon

April 26, 2019 at 5:20 pm #3692641

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for your reports and details. I will keep an eye in our issue tracker as we have other reports of this issue, you should expect a new update (version 4.6.2) coming in the next hours with a fix for this issue. Please, confirm if the issue is gone as soon as you are updated with WooCommerce Multilingual 4.6.2. Thank you for your collaboration, have a nice day.