This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marco 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
May 8, 2019 at 12:15 pm #3766495

Marco

I am trying to:
- Correctly translate "WooCommerce Table Rate Shipping" method titles

I expected to see:
- Correct translation

Instead, I got:
- The original method titles in English

Steps to reproduce:
1) Create a Table Rate rule with the English title
2) Translate it on WPML String Translation
3) Go to the frontend on a secondary language and that shipping method will be shown in English

The problem is that for a Table Rate method with ID "table_rate:57:121" the string is registered as "table_rate57_shipping_method_title" instead "table_rate57121_shipping_method_title".

When WCML_WC_Shipping::translate_shipping_method_title tries to get the translation it does not exist... Check the attachment.

May 8, 2019 at 12:46 pm #3766713

Marco

Update: This happens when the Shipping label is not filled in and it defaults to the Method Title.

See attachment.

May 8, 2019 at 6:56 pm #3770279

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

THank you for bringing this to our attention.

Would you be able to replicate this issue on this sandbox site which has been pre-configured with Woocoomerce and WPML?
hidden link

I can then confirm it and send it up to our development team for fixing.
THanks

May 8, 2019 at 8:01 pm #3770655

Marco

Apparently, it's working. 5 equal strings are created for translation (which is VERY confusing), as you can see on the sandbox website and on the attached image.

I'm going to check why it doesn't work on our website.

May 9, 2019 at 8:04 am #3773991

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Ok - I will wait for your update. Sometimes it helps to replicate the minimum setup that is present in the sandbox site. (e.g. no non-WPML plugins and a standard theme)

May 9, 2019 at 8:11 am #3774031

Marco

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!