This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
April 23, 2019 at 8:06 pm #3667337

brianG-6

Hello,

I just wanted to confirm that when using the WooCommerce extension, the customer will be charged in whatever currency they choose, regardless of what my base WooCommerce store is set to.

Also, is there a way to test on development? It only accepts Stripe live keys that I can see. Thanks!

April 24, 2019 at 8:11 am #3670163

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

Yes, I can confirm that the invoice/checkout form will be generated in the currency selected by the client.

With regards to testing STRIPE, this is not related to WCML (to my knowledege) . I did find this article, however, that might help you:
hidden link

I hope this resolves your issues.

April 24, 2019 at 1:15 pm #3673327

brianG-6

Thank you, Yvette! I understand the form will be generated in that currency, but will their credit card actually be charged in that currency?

April 25, 2019 at 6:44 am #3679181

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

The most complete answer would be "it depends on the gateway".

Your payment gateway software will ultimately determine which product field is read and how it is communicated to the actual payment platform. I can tell say, for example, that the PayPal payment gateway definitely takes the order currency from Woocommerce as we have issues where certain currencies are not recognised/supported by Paypal, and for these currencies, the payment method is not shown.

Normally, the payment gateway will enable a testing mode for you to simulate transactions so that you can make sure everything is working as you expect. This is the best way to answer any of your doubts.