This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
September 17, 2018 at 1:41 pm #2741156

nielsM-2

My WP site is running in two languages:
- English
- German (primary)

I've installed the WooCommerce, WPML and WooCommerce Multilingual plugin.

Both the English and German shop should display prices in Euro (€).
The English shop should use a period (.) as the decimal separator and a comma (,) as the thousand separator.
The German shop should use a comma (,) as the decimal separator and a period (.) as the thousand separator.

How to configure something like that? I've already tried to add another currency (/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wpml-wcml&tab=multi-currency), but Euro (€) can only be added once, so there's no way to "translate" the decimal and thousand separator.

Thanks for helping!

September 18, 2018 at 5:20 pm #2746134

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

You can translate these plugin options like any other text (see images). Just make sure that you have selected the correct text domains:

admin_texts_woocommerce_price_thousand_sep
admin_texts_woocommerce_price_decimal_sep

Does this answer your question?

September 24, 2018 at 10:14 am #2760152

nielsM-2

I was able to find those two strings, but unfortunately translating them doesn't update the website.

"admin_texts_woocommerce_price_thousand_sep" is set to "." (English), the German translation is set to ",", yet both the English and the German website show "." (English).

Please verify it yourself.

September 24, 2018 at 1:30 pm #2760610

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I have verified that the standared Wocoommerce templates will take this change. I include the images from my site where I have changed the Spanish translation for the admin_texts_woocommerce_price_decimal_sep to be ":" (see images)

The standard single image product template will show this change.

At this point, if this is not working for you, I would ask you to check if the problem remains after you temporarily deactivate your active theme and also deactivate your non-WPML plugins.

If it does, then I need to connect to your site to investigate further. I am opening the private area for your wp-admin details.

If the problem does NOT appear given those conditions, then the issue may be with your theme template or a plugin conflict.

You can quickly check this by leaving your non-WPML plugins deactivated and changing your active theme back to your normal one. Checking the behaviour...then start activating your non-WPML plugins one-by-one until you find the plugin that is causing the issue.

It can also be that you have a different view/template than the one I am using, if this is the case, please send the navigation path I should use to test on my local installation.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] WooCommerce: "Translate" decimal and thousand separator’ is closed to new replies.