If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 77 replies, has 15 voices.

Last updated by Dimitri 6 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: David.

Author Posts
March 19, 2013 at 12:51 pm #112985

Nicolas

@dimitri: I think I have the same problem. Here is how I got WC to work with several languages:
- Create product in base language
- Duplicate the product into other language
- "manage translation myself"
- Then translate
- Then any changes to the base language (e.g., attributes, SKU, images) seem to update for me.

Am running WPML 2.7.1, WC 2.0.1, WC ML 1.5

Good luck

March 19, 2013 at 12:55 pm #112991

Dimitri

@nicolas.
Thank you.
Did you try with Variable product with 2 attributes and images attach for each variation ?
Thanks for your feedback.
Dimitri

March 19, 2013 at 1:04 pm #113005

Nicolas

@dimitri: My products have multiple variations (often involving multiple variables, like material, color), but I currently only have 1 image per product. As far as I understand you need a special plugin to match variations to images (WooThumbs). I have currently disabled that because it was not working with my theme. could that be the source of the problem?

March 19, 2013 at 4:10 pm #113162

Dimitri

@nicolas: I also have one image per product. Without any plugin, you can set a specific image to each variation. Usefull for color. Changing color on the front end switch the image to show the product in the good color.
After translations, those images do not fit the variation description.

Dimitri

March 19, 2013 at 5:22 pm #113189

Dimitri

@davidgw,
I can read in the the post #111663 that you are following up with my issue.
You asked me login and password to connect in my website admin area.
I can not see any log from you on my website.
Are you really following up with my issue ?
Did you try to understand what is happening on my website ?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please understand that this issue is really critical for at least 4 unhappy users follwing this post.
Dimitri

March 20, 2013 at 3:55 pm #113493

David
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hi Dimitri,

We are working hard to release a version of WooCommerce multilingual that will work well with WooCommerce 2.0 and variations.
There have already been a few fixes incorporated into the development version but there is still one glitch we are trying to resolve.

If you want to follow our progress, please install the development version:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/developers/
It was last updated yesterday afternoon and will include some more updates later this afternoon.

Best regards,
David

March 20, 2013 at 4:39 pm #113505

Jurgen

hi

same here. 3 languages. When i translate variations things go wrong. First two languages are fine. 3 one does not take variations. Update the 3 languages, the second one goes wrong. Update the second one again. 3 one last his variations....
The latest update from david does not fix this problem...

March 21, 2013 at 5:23 pm #113883

Harshad

Hi,

We have released a version of WooCommerce multilingual that works well with WooCommerce 2.0 and variations.
Can you please upgrade WCML to latest version 2.0?
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/

March 22, 2013 at 10:16 am #114045

Dimitri

Hi Harshad,
Problem is not solved yet.

I've upgraded all my extensions and woocommerce to V 2.0.4.
My problem is still there

Variable products swatches do not fit each product. In my case, you see a white shirt when it should be Sky blue.
See attached printscreen. After translations, i still have a wrong image. It is correct in main language.

Dimitri

March 22, 2013 at 11:01 am #114059

David
Supporter

Hi Dimitri,

I have been looking into your Dashboard and it seems like the WooCommerce Swatches plugin is breaking your product edit page. If you enable WP_DEBUG in wp-config.php we can probably see whats going on.

For testing, I disabled this plugin and variation syncing is working fine without it. Can you confirm this so that we can resolve this issue?

About the plugin, we havent tested the WooCommerce Swatches plugin for compatibility yet. Would you mind opening a new thread about this?

Thank you,
David

March 22, 2013 at 12:06 pm #114087

Dimitri

Sorry but IT DOESN'T WORK.
I deactivate the woocommerce Swatches plugin, I delete my translation completly and i tried to translate the product.
Images swatches do not fit the names.

Please try live on my website with product hidden link

WP_DEBUG is On.

Dimitri

March 22, 2013 at 2:11 pm #114137

David
Supporter

Hi Dimitri,

The woocommerce-multilingual plugin doesnt really do anything with images.

To resolve your problem, go to Multilingual Content Setup and make sure that the _thumbnail_id custom field is set to 'Do nothing'. Then install and enable the WPML Media Translation plugin.

Let me know if this resolves your issues.
Best
David

March 22, 2013 at 2:24 pm #114140

Dimitri

I've done what you said but my variartions images are not copied to translations anymore :-(.
I'd like to have exactly the same product in translated versions.

Dimitri

March 27, 2013 at 2:46 pm #115351

Dimitri

Hello,
No more reaction from @davidgw.
Could you please help me to solve this F____ issue ?
Thank you
Dimitri

March 28, 2013 at 10:57 am #115527

Dimitri

Could you PLEASE have a look on my website with the access I've send to you by Private Message.

TRANSLATIONS OF VARIATIONS PRODUCT DO NOT WORK AT ALL ON MY SITE with woocommerce multilingual 2.0 and Woocommerce 2.0.

Very URGENT please.

Is it possible to talk with you by phone or by skype. It will be a lot easier. It seems you do not understand my problem.

Thank you
Dimitri

The topic ‘[Closed] Woocommerce variable product and variations’ is closed to new replies.