This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 77 replies, has 15 voices.

Last updated by Dimitri 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: David.

Author Posts
March 28, 2013 at 11:01 am #115529

M DAVID

Dimitri,
Face a ces problèmes.. Nous sommes en train de réinstaller notre boutique client...que de temps perdu (je vous laisse imaginer l'ampleur du travail) ...

De notre coté cela fonctionne désormais avec :
WP 3.5.1
WooCommerce 2.0.5
WPML multilingual 2.0

Bon courage

April 2, 2013 at 4:36 pm #116499

Enrico

Dear Dimitri and M DAVID and everybody else here in need of support,
First of all, let me tell you that this is only one of the hundreds of threads still open regarding bugs with WPML and WooCommerce. As you can see, there's not so much help you can get from the support, our last chance is this "DavidGW" who is kindly providing priority support and who should dig into the myriad of problems personally.

Personally, I've lost any hope this WPML thing will ever work.

We've been plagued with bugs from the very beginning and never had any real solution in more than four months spent with the "support" staff. So, for us and for our clients, it was a total disaster to choose WPML, and we'll have to pay the consequences.

If you want to dig into the real problem, just have a look at my 5-pages, 4 months old thread here and you'll see how deep the problems with WPML are.

http://wpml.org/forums/topic/variations-translation-crash-woocommerce/page/5

Since our problems started appearing AFTER the product base was already created, we had two options: abort the project and payback to the clients the whole bill plus damages OR work out a solution.

We're still in development but I think we have managed to find a workaround to this, using the plugin "WooCommerce Variation Photos and Swatches".

In the meanwhile I am collecting all the complaints regarding this fake WPML plugin, which is exactly what you call a "FAKE", illegally and ambiguosly advertised as WooCommerce Compatible.

If you want some deeper insights reagrding the workaround and the "class-action", drop me a line personally at enrico[at]enricoripalti[dot]com.

Best regards,
Dr. Enrico Ripalti

April 6, 2013 at 5:33 am #117452

Dimitri

Hi @davidgw,
Could you please tell us if you are working on the issue with woocommerce multilingual plugin and products variations ?
Thank you
Dimitri

April 9, 2013 at 11:39 am #117977

David
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Dear Dimitri,

We are working now with the following development version:
hidden link

This has several improvements regarding variation synchronization. Can you try and get back to me with any problems you find? We want to get this working for everybody to make a new release.

Thank you,
David

April 9, 2013 at 2:49 pm #118033

Dimitri

Hi DavidGW,
Happy to see that you are working on this issue.

The biggest problem i see for now is that _thumbnail_id are not correctly copied to variable products. Thumbnails for variations do not fit descriptions after translation.
Do not forget that it is possible to sort variation manually by Drag and Drop in variations Tab for variable products.

Maybe your loop is not looping correctly ?

Dimitri

April 9, 2013 at 3:28 pm #118041

Dimitri

@davidgw. I didn't get any email from wpml.org after your post (not in spam). Does your email notifications works ?

April 11, 2013 at 10:31 am #118518

David
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Dear Dimitri,

Only Nicholas is subscribed to get notifications, make sure you check the notifications checkbox with your next reply. I have attached a screenshot for clarity.

1) _thumbnail_id was recently removed from wpml-config.xml so that its not sync'd. This is because its WPML media plugin who should copy this field if appropriate.

2) Thanks for pointing out the drag-n-drop ordering, that is probably what is happening here.

This thread started out with a problem with the product-type reverting back to simple and this looks resolved now. I kindly ask you to confirm this by marking this thread as resolved. The two issues above are different issues and I would appreciate if you could open a new thread for each one, with a reference to this one if you like. This will allow us to give you better support.

Thank you for understanding.
David

April 11, 2013 at 10:42 am #118524

Dimitri

@davidgw
"Notify me of follow-up replies via email" is already checked. Little problem there.

You asked me to open a new thread. I did it already on February 13, 2013 at 9:04 am but you flag it as "resolved".
See http://wpml.org/forums/topic/woocommerce-variable-product-translations-do-not-work-correctly/

Please re-open it.

Thank you
Dimitri

April 15, 2013 at 6:54 pm #119483

Enrico

###SINCE EVERY E-MAIL SUBSCRIPTION TO SUPPORT HAS BEEN ERASED I WILL POST THE SAME MESSAGE TO EVERY THREAD REGARDING THE SAME PROBLEM OF US - I APOLOGIZE TO EVERY OTHER USER OF THE FORUM ####
David,
1) I no longer receive updates from this thread. Why? In Italy we say "Occhio non vede, cuore non duole", guess it's pretty much the same here.
2) The solution doesn't work. Same problem. Check it out on my website. You there at WPML/ICL/Whatever have all the possible credentials you might ever dream of.
3) From a more general point of view, I don't think it's enough to say "Hey boys! We have a new update, does it work for you?". You should test it on your thing before saying that and, also, it doesn't work for anyone, so why bother anyways?
4) I asked you an ETA, i got none. Let's try once more: how long do WE ALL have to wait to get this sort of crap to work?
5) "It adresses more Variations issues". Hey David, there's just ONE big variation issue: they don't work at all.
David, don't take this personally. I really admire your bravery and the fact that you are still holding on to us (I'm not joking) but, please consider, we HAVE ALL lost a LOT of money with your thing here (4K+ for my own part, plus work hours and an increasing liver disease), we're just a tad angry.
Yeah. Just a tad.

Have a fantabulous evening,
love,
Enrico

April 16, 2013 at 12:53 pm #119723

Régis

Hmm, that's annoying.
I'll have to release a website in a few days and what I see in this support thread is just unbelievable 😮
As many other angry users here, we decided to pick WPML because of its WooCommerce support, including variations!
I really, really hope this can be fixed quickly... If anyone here has at least a workaround, thank you for sharing it.
@dimitri,
du neuf depuis quelques jours ? avez-vous trouvé une alternative en attendant ?

Regards

April 16, 2013 at 12:57 pm #119725

Dimitri

@régis
Bonjour Régis,
Non, toujours rien, DavidGW m'avais promis une solution pour aujourd'hui mais je viens d’être informé qu'il n'arrivait pas à reproduire le problème en local.
Je leur ai envoyé une copie complète de mon site internet (fichiers & dump Mysql).
J'espère qu'ils trouveront et résolveront cela rapidement.
Pour en savoir plus, le ticket est le suivant: http://wpml.org/forums/topic/woocommerce-variable-product-translations-do-not-work-correctly/page/2/#post-119711

Dimitri

April 16, 2013 at 1:15 pm #119730

Steffen

Seems as we got same problems....i started my thread 3 months ago! in the german support section and theres no solution till now.

April 16, 2013 at 1:20 pm #119734

Dimitri

@steffen,
They do not really understand the issue and they are not able to reproduce this issue locally.
I deliver them a complete copy of my website. That way, they can install it locally and work on the issue.
Hope it will be resolved soon.
Dimitri

April 16, 2013 at 2:50 pm #119769

Steffen

its good to read here a little bit....now i know why i dont receive email notifications anymore...

hope dies last...

April 16, 2013 at 2:55 pm #119771

Steffen

oh my godness.....

"4) I asked you an ETA, i got none. Let's try once more: how long do WE ALL have to wait to get this sort of crap to work?
5) "It adresses more Variations issues". Hey David, there's just ONE big variation issue: they don't work at all."

When i read all this i really got scared ive thrown my money and my invested time over board....

i already started a new thread cause i want WPML to make an official statement about all this how we customers!!! are treated here.

The topic ‘[Closed] Woocommerce variable product and variations’ is closed to new replies.