This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by arnoldS-2 1 week, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
September 24, 2019 at 10:14 am #4630329

arnoldS-2

I have selected User language as English and WooCommerce Variable Product interface is operating with Hebrew.

I have done the following;
- Select "Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation and always load .mo files as backup"

September 24, 2019 at 7:02 pm #4633761

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.
Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

Do I understand right, that the admin language is set to English but maybe the WPML default site language is Hebrew?

If so,please go to the user profile and select the option at WPML language settings ->
Editing language -> Set admin language as editing language.

This should solve the issue.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

September 24, 2019 at 8:10 pm #4634013

arnoldS-2

This action turns the whole wordpress interface into Hebrew whereby I want to keep the interface in English irrespetive of the language I am editing.

September 24, 2019 at 11:27 pm #4634453

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better for a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

September 26, 2019 at 6:29 am #4643717

arnoldS-2

Please look at this movie screen grab I made WooCommerce products interface. Suddendly tabs change from English into Hebrew;

hidden link

September 26, 2019 at 2:32 pm #4647747

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

While testing the site I used admin language "English" and verified all the products.

The product titles and taxonomies appear in Hebrew, which is correct, as they are all referring to the Hebrew language. While testing I did not experience the issue from your video. All options were available in English.

I then switched the admin language to Hebrew and also here all options in the product section appears as expected in Hebrew.

Is this a kind of random issue? Did you test if you experience the same with a different browser or machine?
Also, I can see you are using LightSpeed Cache. If the issue appears again please clear the Cache or disable the plugin and check if the issue persists. Do you recognize any influence of this plugin onwards the issue?

Apart from the issue with the options please also take note that WordPress only translates the backend based on .mo-files and if those files do not include a translation, those strings will appear in default language (English). Anyhow, you should be able to locate strings on String Translation in order to translate them for other users.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#admin_texts

Kind regards
Andreas

September 26, 2019 at 7:49 pm #4650033

arnoldS-2

With regard to the issues shown in the video I selected again User language as English and resaved my User account. This currently solved the problem. I will monitor if it reoccurs.

I cleared the cache and deactivated LightSpeed Cache and the issue is still present. I think you haven't still understood the real issue. I have included a repeat screen grab and a new one.

Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 22.27.41illustrates the default site language is in Hebrew and I see the opened product interface in English because I have selected User language as English. Ok. Correct?

Now when I expand the Variations Tab I also would expect to see the interface in English. OK. Correct?

Well if you look at Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 22.27.57 the interface is in Hebrew.

Therefore even though I have selected User language as English in my User Account it is not working properly.

By the way, the same issue is occurring with UpdraftPlus. I have attached a screengrab to illustrate this for you.

I am not sure what you are alluding to here;

"Apart from the issue with the options please also take note that WordPress only translates the backend based on .mo-files and if those files do not include a translation, those strings will appear in default language (English)."

I will be quite happy if the whole WordPress interface works in English. The issue for me is that it is not.

I hope I have explained everything clearly and you are able to proceed and investigate how to resolve this.

Thank you.

September 26, 2019 at 9:05 pm #4650375

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the clarification.

I realized that the issue on the product variations section are solved once WooCommerce Multilingual is deactivated.

For you live site please go to Plugins -> Add new -> Commercial as there is a new version for our plugins available. Click on "search for updates" and proceed with the download and activation.

Let me know if the issue still once CMS Multilingual, Translation Management, String Translation, and WooCommerce Multilingual are updated to their latest versions. If the issue still persists we will need to investigate further.

Kind regards
Andreas

September 26, 2019 at 9:41 pm #4650453

arnoldS-2

I believe I have the current versions.

September 27, 2019 at 1:45 am #4650749

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

We do have newer versions available but as those are the last updates before the releasing CMS Multilingual 4.3 those updates have not been offered automatically.
Anyhow, I have been testing on a new install and it seems to me that there are issues when using Hebrew as the default language.

Besides, a site with Hebrew as WPML default language should be displayed right-to-left and when switched to English change the layout to left-to-right.

For now please wait for me to check with other supporters about similar issues and I will contact you tomorrow.

I hope this is alright with you?

Kind regards
Andreas

September 27, 2019 at 7:12 am #4651979

arnoldS-2

Sure, I await your solution.

September 28, 2019 at 10:42 pm #4659309

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

I have installed the Beta versions of our plugins and it does solve the issue.

You do have two options now:

1) Update the available Betas

- Go to Plugins -> Add new -> Commercial and switch from "stable" to "beta" channel.
- Install all available Beta Versions (CMS Multilingual, Translation Management, String Translation, Yoast Multilingual SEO, WooCommerce Multilingual)

2) The second option would be to wait until we finally release CMS Multilingual 4.3 and updates for all additional plugins. Until now, we do not have a release date available, as the Beta testing is currently still running.

Kind regards
Andreas

October 2, 2019 at 6:46 pm #4682793

arnoldS-2

Thank you for your response.