This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
October 14, 2018 at 5:51 pm #2815737

lucaP-40

Hi, we have installed the plugin for the multilingual but evidently goes against the functionality of the variable product by not showing the images for the selection of the color. The problem is highlighted in non-default languages. How can we solve?

The plugin for variations is WooCommerce variation swatches and photos

Url default italian : hidden link
Url test English ; hidden link

October 16, 2018 at 10:08 am #2820469

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello,
Welcome to WPML Support.
I'll do my best to help you solve this problem!

I checked both versions of the site, using the link you provided and right now i see them ok, i can't replicate the issue you're having.

Did you already solve it? If that's not the case, would you kindly give me the steps to replicate the issue and add the debug information in the related field (we just enabled it for you) so we can try to give you a tailored answer?

In the meantime i can provide you with the most common solutions for these types of problems, but remember to make a backup of your site before you try anything:

1) Go to WPML > Settings > Media Translation > Make sure the settings are set as the ones in attachment: "Automatically Translate Media.jpg" (This setting will be applied to new content only)

2) Re-translate Media by following the same path as in step 1 but this time Make sure to check all the options (that can be checked) under the "You can check if some attachments can be duplicated to translated content" subsection and then click the blue "Start" Button.

3) Go to the page/post that is giving you trouble with Media Attachments and remove all the media attachment that are not showing, update the post/page, add them again and updatet again (be it featured images, gallery, content media, etc)

As a security measure, also make sure all your caching systems are disabled (server caching and/or plugins or theme's built-in caching systems) and also flush your browser's cache whenever yo encounter these kinds of issues (or check the site in incognito mode).

Let us know how it goes and do not hesitate to contact us again whenever you encounter a WPML issue, we'll gladly do our best to help you solve it.