This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
August 14, 2019 at 2:13 pm #4395805

leonardK

Our product variations keep randomly disappearing on all our languages. We think this is because of WPML / Woommerce Multilingual. When we save the product, it restores the variations. But the next day, it is happening again.

We have no idea what is causing this, but when we aren't using WPML this isn't happening. We also found other topics with this similar issue, but without any clear solutions. Someone said

Hope you can help us fix this.

August 15, 2019 at 12:27 pm #4400769

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @leonardk, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

Could you please install this plugin to monitor the activity of your website? hidden link

Please install the plugin then try to reproduce the issue (set the variations again) then check the log on the next day to see if something specific has removed the variations.

Please also send us the content of the log.

I also checked the settings of your server through debug log and saw that some items need attention:
Increase WP memory
Please increase the PHP memory limit to 256mb. Currently this memory is set to 40mb.
https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

MaxInputVars
Currently your server is configured with MaxInputVars = 1000, which is too low and can cause issues. Please increase this to 10,000. There are two options to do this:
== php.ini file
Open the php.ini file and insert/edit this line:

max_input_vars = 10000

hidden link
== .htaccess file

php_value max_input_vars 10000

All the best,
Diego

August 15, 2019 at 1:10 pm #4400989

leonardK

Hello Diego,

Thank you for your assistance. I've just installed and activated the Activity Log plug-in. I will try to reproduce the issue with the variations.

In regards to our WP Memory Limit. Where do you see it is set at 40MB? We had changed this months ago in the wp-config file and also on the WPML support page it showed that limit. We've set the following in our wp-config file:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '1024M');
define('WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '1024M' );

Also I have just added the MaxInputVars in our php.ini file. Hopefully this makes a change.

August 15, 2019 at 1:18 pm #4401011

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

Oh sorry, your PHP memory settings are correct. I think I sent it by mkistake. The only config you need to fix is the maxinputvars.

Thanks you. Please let me know if you see something odd on the activity log tomorrow. If not, please let me know, we can try to reproduce the issue at our test server.

Kind regards,
Diego

The topic ‘[Closed] WooCommerce variations keep disappearing’ is closed to new replies.