This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Manon 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
July 5, 2019 at 5:06 am

Manon

I am trying to: Ensure that the coupon gives only the discount to a certain brand. The coupon is called spypoint10. It is limited to discount the Spypoint brand products only.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen (Cart page): hidden link
(Wait for the countdown and click on the black Continue)

I expected to see: A discount when I type in the coupon called spypoint10 on the english cart page

Instead, I got: Error message saying : "Sorry, it seems the coupon "spypoint10" is invalid - it has now been removed from your order." or the error message saying : "Sorry, this coupon is not applicable to your cart contents." and no rebate is applied.

July 8, 2019 at 12:44 pm #4162483

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

When I try to access your site, originally I could see the site but after a few minutes I got this error: Your access to this site has been limited

Can you please allow me access so that I can test this coupon code? Thanks!

July 8, 2019 at 11:11 pm #4166059

Manon

Hi Lauren! Thank you for your great support as usual. I disabled the restriction, you can go see the site now.

July 9, 2019 at 12:27 pm #4170691

Lauren
Supporter

Now when I access your site I get this message:

The site encounters technical difficulties. Please check the site administrator account mailbox for instructions.

Please let me know once that is resolved. Thanks!

July 9, 2019 at 3:56 pm #4172871

Manon

It seems that we can't disable a plugin by renaming an FTP folder nowadays. Here, you can access it now. I've tested it and it works. Sorry for that.

July 9, 2019 at 8:55 pm #4174355

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks, I am able to access the site now. I found that in the database, the brand id is stored in the postmeta for the coupon. The reason it is not working for English is because the brand has been translated, so the English brand ID is different than the default language. If you are using the same brand name for all brands, you could resolve this by deleting the translations and removing them permanently from the trash, and then setting the brand to "Translate or fallback to default" in WPML -> Settings -> Taxonomies.

If you need to keep the brands as translated, then you will need a way to translate the postmeta content, which will require custom coding and is outside the scope of WPML Support.

July 12, 2019 at 6:53 pm #4201191

Manon

Thanks Lauren! Great solution, I'll see what we will do about the application of the solution. Good service, as always.