This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.02 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
July 24, 2018 at 2:46 pm

michaelU-7

This is a follow up to the original ticket https://wpml.org/forums/topic/woocomposer-product-page-builder-template-is-note-working-in-translated-products/ . I'm sorry to duplicate this topic, but I missed to reply in time and now the original topic is closed. Can you please merge them together and reopen it.

I am trying to:
We build a woocommerce-shop based on woocommerce, woocomposer and visual page builder (formerly known as visual composer). It's a german site and now we like to translate it in english. Everything works for normal pages and posts. Even if there is no translation for a product, the standard items like VAT, Availability and so on is working fine. But when I add translation for a product the english version is looking broken, because no visual composer elements are processed. It looks as if the site falls back to woocommerce standard and visual composer is completely ignored. I tried different versions, different templates, standard templates, etc., but none is working. Even cart page builder and checkout page builder has the same problem. The translated version only shows woocommerce standard behavior and no visual composer shortcodes are processed.

Can you please tell me what to do?? I'm getting nuts because all my tests were'nt successfull.

Regards,
Michael

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/woocomposer-product-page-builder-template-is-note-working-in-translated-products/

July 25, 2018 at 6:48 pm #2581445

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

It looks like maybe the template has not been translated. Please go to WPML -> Settings and in the Custom Post Types section, set templates to translatable. Then, go to templates and duplicate your template to your secondary language. Once it is duplicated, does the English page look correct?

If not, I'd like to have you try a few things so we can try to isolate the issue. This is just to help me identify if it might be a conflict with another plugin or theme that is causing the problem.

** IMPORTANT ** Please backup a working copy of site files and database before continuing.

Update all WPML plugins & WordPress core.

Disable all plugins except WPML related, WooCommerce, WooComposer and then temporarily change the theme to a default WordPress such as TwentyFifteen. With these settings, is the issue resolved?

July 26, 2018 at 12:04 pm #2584035

michaelU-7

Hi, unfortunately that didn't work out. I tried all the things you told me to, but still the same behavior. Actually all unnecessary plugins are deactivated and theme TwentyFifteen is activated. Still the same problem. I submitted credentials. As this is a non-productive version of the site please feel free to try/change settngs.

July 26, 2018 at 2:12 pm #2584880

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for allowing me to test here. I deactivated all plugins including WPML. Then I reactivated just WPML plugins, WP Bakery and WooComposer. When I view the product pages, I see the same layout. Please see attached screenshots and let me know what you are seeing differently.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

July 26, 2018 at 5:23 pm #2585525

michaelU-7

OK, the product details seems to be the same. But the cart and the whole checkout-process isn't. Please take a look at the screenshots. To make the difference a bit clearer I added a h1-caption "Hallo Welt" via woocomposer. In the german version it shows correctly but in the english transaction the caption is not there and woocomposer fails back to default woocommerce-template. It seems like the whole woocomposer-plugin is not processed in the english translation. Can you please take a closer look?

July 27, 2018 at 3:33 pm #2588831

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for the additional information. I have escalated this ticket to the compatibility team, and they will get in touch with the plugin author as needed. I will update here as soon as I have more information.

August 7, 2018 at 2:33 pm #2620644

michaelU-7

Hi, are there any updates on this topic. It's getting urgent because time is running out and I do not have any idea about what's going wrong. It seems like all the woocomposer-actions are'nt hooked and are totaly ignored.

August 7, 2018 at 3:20 pm #2620810

Lauren
Supporter

I'm sorry I don't have any information at this time, but our developers are looking into the issue. As soon as I know more, I will update here.

August 31, 2018 at 5:48 pm #2694909

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for your patience while we continued troubleshooting. Our developer found that if you wrap the string in a shortcode as described here: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-coding-api/shortcodes/#wpml-string, you can then translate the strings via the String Translation table. You simply need to load the page on the frontend once the shortcodes are added and that should register the string so it will be available for translation.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue for you.

September 8, 2018 at 6:25 am #2716564

michaelU-7

Unfortunately that did not do the trick. If you have a look at the WooComposer "Cart Page Builder" Template the only Shortcodes are these:

<p>[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]</p><h1>Hallo Welt</h1><p>[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width="1/6"][/vc_column][vc_column width="2/3"][ninja_page_cart_table el_class="" defined_class=""][/vc_column][vc_column width="1/6"][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width="1/6"][/vc_column][vc_column width="2/3"][ninja_page_cart_total el_class=""][/vc_column][vc_column width="1/6"][/vc_column][/vc_row]</p>

No string to quote inside the shortcodes, because the shortcodes just call standard WooCommerce, which works great in base language (german in this case). But when I switch to english translation the whole Template with all the shortcodes seems to be skipped, not processed or anything like that. Even the "<h1>Hello World</h1>" does not show. WooComposer than falls back to WooCommerce standard-template.
Can you please hav another look? Feel free to do some changes inside the wordpress-instance and play around.

September 10, 2018 at 1:12 pm #2720013

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for testing this for me. I have reported this to our 2nd tier team and will update here as soon as I have more information.

September 10, 2018 at 3:31 pm #2720545

Lauren
Supporter

It looks like the templates are currently set to Translate. Please change this so that the templates are set to "Not translatable". Then, if there are no strings to translate, you should be all set. If there are strings, then the wpml shortcode should work. Please let me know if this resolves the issue for you.

The topic ‘[Closed] WooComposer Product Page Builder Template is note working in translated products’ is closed to new replies.