Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidN-51 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Author Posts
April 27, 2021 at 11:55 am #8634275

davidN-51

Woodmart Quick View and Add to Cart is not working on the second language

April 27, 2021 at 12:51 pm #8634827

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

PLease let us know once you can replicate this issue on the test site and we'll continue helping you.

Regards,
Itamar.

April 27, 2021 at 3:12 pm #8637007

davidN-51

Hi there Itamar,

I did what you said and yes strangely it works, but not on my site. I just do not understand. It is not related to our theme, as I switched theme to a WC theme and the problem is still there. I disbaled all plugins except WPML (5 plugins), our theme and WooCommerce. All plugins are upated.

What is next?

April 27, 2021 at 5:51 pm #8638061

davidN-51

OK I found the plugin which is causing this. It is the latest WooCommerce plugin 5.2.2.

I uploaded an old copy of our site to a test environment and all worked correctly. I then updated each plugin one by one. As soon as I updated WooCommerce from 5.2.1 to 5.2.2 I got the same problem again. When I tried to rollback WooCommerce to 5.2.1 I get a 503 error on all shop pages.

So there is an incompatability between the latest WooCommerce and I think WPML.
How do we proceed?

April 28, 2021 at 8:27 am #8641713

davidN-51

UPDATE - I transferred exactly the same backup files to our live site (replaced the live site with this copy) and strangely we have a different outcome from yesterday on the test environment. Yesterday on the test environment, as soon as I had done the backup (and before updating any plugins) I checked to see if the Ajax problem was gone, and everything worked 100%.

However on our live site this morning, after we did a clean reinstall and uploaded the same files as yesterday, we checked if the problem was gone and it was not!

I just do not understand this. How can 2 identical website backups behave differenly on 2 different URLS (same hosting)? Can you assist at all?

April 28, 2021 at 10:03 am #8642767

davidN-51

Hello,

OK this is confirmed. We have 2 identical sites on different TLD URLs. One site works without an issue, and the other doesn't. It is not theme related (we have proven that) and it now seems to be an issue with WMPL and URLs.

Is there some sort of WMPL cache which would cause this? As I said, if we transfer the exact same website to another TLD then this ajax issue on the secondary language pages is resolved! That proves it is an issue caused by the URL in someway.

I would appreciate a reply ASAP. thank you.

April 28, 2021 at 5:07 pm #8646953

davidN-51

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!