Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 41 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Mladen Andrejic 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mladen Andrejic.

Author Posts
November 3, 2015 at 8:33 am #738034

Jurgen

Hello,

Can you tell me if the issue should be solved with the next version(s)? I can already see 3.7.1 but nothing in the change log that tells me that this has been fixed in the mean time.

Thanks!

November 3, 2015 at 2:39 pm #738468

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

My name is Mladen and since Dat is away I will help you with this ticket. Hope it's okay.

The issue should be resolved with the newest version, so feel free to install it and give it a try.

Thanks.

November 3, 2015 at 3:29 pm #738535

Jurgen

Hello,

The inventory goes fine now, great!

There do is an issue when searching an item: if you are not on the first page (depending on the number of records you wanted to list in the screen options above) & do a search, nothing is found. When you do that on the first page, all goes fine (no matter if you ask 10 or 100 products per page)....

I always use "All", not products or variations, so I did no test that...

November 3, 2015 at 3:41 pm #738547

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

Since the original issue is resolved here, may I kindly ask you to create a new thread for the new problem? With the policy 1 problem = 1 ticket, we are sure to provide the best and dedicated support to our users. Also, other clients that have the same problem can easier find the solution.

Thanks.

November 3, 2015 at 4:19 pm #738601

Jurgen

Hello,

I just found that there still is an issue: the quantity is updated but the stock status ("in stock" or "out of stock") is not updated. This is a huge issue!!!

In the screen shots attached I just updated the "large" to 3. Previously i set the "xxl" to 0 and back 1 too (which probably explains why that one is also "out of stock").

A work around I found: edit quantities in the 2nd language, then it is saved correctly for all languages!

November 4, 2015 at 10:02 am #739156

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

Please go to WPML > Translation Management > Multilingual Content Setup and make sure that Quantity custom field (coming from Bulk Stock Management) is set to copy.

Thanks.

November 4, 2015 at 1:18 pm #739392

Jurgen

Hello,

I just checked on that page / tab, but can't find "quantity... I do see
- _manage_stock (copy)
- _stock (copy)
- _stock_status (copy)

Is it one of these or what should I do to get "quantity" there?

November 4, 2015 at 4:55 pm #739796

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

Please make sure as well that you are using the latest WPML and other WPML AddOns, and also the latest WooCommerce.

With those fields set to copy, the problem appears, right?

Thanks.

November 5, 2015 at 3:44 pm #740584

Jurgen

Hello,

I had 1 outstanding update (WooCommerce 2.4.7 => 2.4.8), now all plugins are up to date. It seemed to work fine but after playing around with 1 article for about 10 changes (in/out stock, from English, from French) the error pops up again.
So now I have 1 item in French that has 1 item as quantity but "out of stock" status... Updating that variation to 2 (in French) updates the stock status to "in stock" & the quantity is also updated in English (stock status still "in stock").

I tried to find reproduction instructions, but sometimes it goes fine, sometimes it doesn't. "Playing around" is all I can say... It always goes fine in the selected language but then the linked language is not updated as it should be (EN => FR & FR => EN). I first thought that updating in French was a work around but it is not...

Yes these values are indeed as they are configured & greyed out...

I can provide a admin account on the dev environment of the website for you to check. Thanks in advance!

November 5, 2015 at 4:32 pm #740637

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

Yes, that would be good. I will need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply like this hidden link .
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

// NOTE : Make sure that you have performed the backup before you let me access the site.

Thanks.

November 7, 2015 at 12:22 pm #741863

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

I forwarded this problem to our compatibility team. They will take a look and I will inform you about further actions.

Thanks.

November 10, 2015 at 10:17 am #743273

Jurgen

Hello,

Do you have an update on this? Actually I can't use the expensive Bulk Stock Management plugin due to the WPML incompatibilities for months and months now! This is very urgent...

In the mean time I had to create another ticket due to WCML as the variations are not defaulted as expected => https://wpml.org/forums/topic/product-variations-created-but-attributes-not-defaulted/

I am getting frustrated on WPML!!

November 13, 2015 at 8:59 am #745750

Jurgen

Just updated to
- WooCommerce Bulk Stock Management 2.2.1
- WCML 3.7.2

Did some testing on this product 'Premium Drivemaster indigo' (you've got the credentials for the dev environment) & the issue appears immediately. You can check this by looking for the product & switching the language in the admin bar.

November 13, 2015 at 9:03 am #745755

Mladen Andrejic

Hello Jurgen,

Can you please tell me are there specific products that are affected or all of them? And also are there any specific steps to reproduce the issue?

In programming it's almost impossible that two actions performed in the same way give two different results.

Thanks.

November 13, 2015 at 9:10 am #745759

Jurgen

Hi Mladen,

Currently this product is "affected" by the inconsistency: 'Premium Drivemaster indigo'. I always update the stock status of the other language of the tested product, so others are corrected.

I just changed the number for small to "55" and medium to "44" in English for the 'Premium Drivemaster indigo'. English reloads & seems correct (stock status has been updated to "in stock"). Switching to French in the admin bar, shows correct quantities (for small & medium, 55 & 44, others are not changed as expected) but the stock status of small & medium are still "out of stock".

You can take no matter which other product and do these steps. "Worst case", all goes fine but then change a few more on that product and it will appear very soon (you can also try to set one variation to 0 again). It must be some kind of combination why the stock status is not updated as expected...

The topic ‘[Closed] WooThemes Bulk Stock Management sync between languages’ is closed to new replies.