Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: WPML Translation Management showing wrong (high) word count for pages created with Elementor.

Solution: It should be fixed in the next WPML version, 4.4.0.

0% of people find this useful.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 36 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by zoeyY 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
April 30, 2020 at 8:20 am #6027845

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Thanks for the feedback.

I have able to kind of replicate it on a staging site, can you please try also with Elementor free widgets.

I have tested on a clean sandbox and I think there is something wrong on how wordcount counts Elementor page. For example, the same page with Gutenberg is showing 16 but with Elementor 30.

I have forward information to our developer to advise on this case.

I will get back to you soon.

Thanks and regards,
Drazen

April 30, 2020 at 11:17 pm #6034185

zoeyY

Thanks Drazen. My 30day refund will end in a few days so pls if you could get back to me. I will have to get a refund if it doesn't work w Elementor and buy it again when it's resolved. thanks

May 2, 2020 at 12:33 pm #6043627

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hey Zoey,

thanks for the patience. I am sorry it took so long, be sure Andreas and I gave our best to help the best we can.

I have able to replicate the issue on a clean install and confirm this issue. Testing it further shows TM is showing high word count, but when the page opened in Advance translation editor word count is correct. This is important for example when using ATE with our free 12 000 words for Automatic translation.

Info: https://wpml.org/announcements/2020/03/lower-the-cost-of-translation-with-10000-free-words/

WPML works with Elementor and is official compatible, this seems like a minor bug with word count in TM. Word count on TM is just an estimate it is not always 100% correct, but I agree that in this case, value is wrong by too much, and thank you for reporting it.

I have escalated this issue to our developers in the Compatibility team and I will be updating you as soon as I have some new information.

Thank you and regards,
Drazen

May 5, 2020 at 2:51 pm #6062711

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hey Zoey,

just to update you on this matter, our developers have found the issue and will be working on solving it.

Hopefully, we can include the fix in the next version of the WPML plugin. I can not promise anything, but be sure our developers are giving their best.

I will update you as soon as I have some new information.

Thank you and regards,
Drazen

May 5, 2020 at 6:40 pm #6064435

zoeyY

Thank you so much Drazen. Really appreciate your patience and followup. I have asked for a refund and will purchase WPML again when you have your new release. Could you pls ask your dev team to indicate on the patch release so that I can look up before my purchase next time (or anyone has Elementor compatibility issues). thanks

May 6, 2020 at 6:01 am #6066913

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hey Zoey,

thanks for the feedback.

Sure, there will be stated in the changelog that is fixed in the new version. I will also update this ticket once it is released, so you will probably get notified.

Thanks and regards,
Drazen

May 7, 2020 at 6:07 am #6076795

zoeyY

My issue will pend for your next release to resolve. Thank you!