Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by hoi-lamW 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
April 16, 2021 at 5:32 pm #8558113

hoi-lamW

1) In HOMEPAGE - Safari of Chinese,

I am trying to:
Translate the 3 quotes in "Single testimonial"

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
There are 3 quotes with person name & title are translated on the offwhite video background

Instead,
The 3 quotes are hidden (maybe even not translated)

--

2) I cannot find below terms in "Wordpress > WPML > String translation" that the terms cannot be translated. Please advise where can I find them and translate them :

2.1) In PRODUCT SUMMARY page of Chinese after product is added to cart,

The wording "was successfully added to your cart." inside "Popup toast" (Top Right hand side of the page for Cart icon) cannot be translated.

hidden link

2.2) In CART page of Chinese after product is added,

Where can I edit the wording "Coupon code" & "Apply Coupon"?

hidden link

--

2.3) In CHECKOUT page of Chinese after product is added:

2.3.1) The wording "Quantity" inside "Your order" (Top Right hand side of the page) cannot be translated.

2.3.2) Where can I edit the sentence "Have a coupon? Click here to enter your code"?

hidden link

--

2.4) In CHECKOUT > Order received page of Chinese after selected FPS to place order,

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: (Feel free to select FPS to place order to reproduce this page, no payment is done, it is ok to place order as it is in testing stage!)
hidden link

The sentences :
"Please provide your reference number in Order Detail page after remitted payment through FPS." and
"Please remit payment to Vegreenian FPS Account : 162741557" cannot be translated.

--

2.5) In ABOUT page of Chinese,

hidden link

The sentence :
"Not one less." cannot be translated.

2.6) In BLOG page of Chinese,
hidden link

Below sentences cannot be translated :
By vegreenian
No comments
Previous Post
Next Post
Leave a Reply
Logged in as vegreenian. Log out?
Submit comment

2.7) After clicking the "Search icon" on sticky Header in EVERY page,

Below sentences cannot be translated :
Search
Hit enter to search or ESC to close

2.8) After clicking the "Account icon" on sticky Header in EVERY page,
hidden link
2.8.1) Where can I edit the wording "Downloads"?

hidden link
2.8.2) Where can I edit the sentence :
This will be how your name will be displayed in the account section and in reviews

hidden link
2.8.3) Where can I edit below wordings :
Card Number
Expiry Date
Card Code (CVC)

Thanks a lot!

2.8.3_EN.png
2.8.2_EN.png
2.8.1.png
2.7.png
2.6_2.png
2.6_1.png
2.5.png
2.4_EN.png
2.3.1 & 2.3.2_EN.png
2.2_EN.png
2.1_EN.png
1.png
April 17, 2021 at 7:45 am #8560203

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

Before your ticket is assigned to one of my colleagues, please allow me to walk you through some initial debugging steps. This will help speed up the support process.

Please notice that our support policy is one issue, one ticket so it might be necessary to split this ticket.

Did you try everything suggested here? https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/

April 17, 2021 at 4:12 pm #8561813

hoi-lamW

Hi Laura,

Thanks for your information. I tried and fixed most of them except below as I cannot search for them in String Translation:

- In ABOUT page of Chinese, the term "Not one less." cannot be translated to "不可或缺"
hidden link

- In BLOG page of Chinese,
The term "By vegreenian" cannot be translated to "vegreenian著"
The term "Previous Post" cannot be translated to "上一篇"; "Next Post" cannot be translated to "下一篇" as I tried to translate same wording of these 2 terms but cannot match the correct ones related to these two buttons in String Translation.
hidden link

Hope you can help and advise. Thanks!

2.6_2.png
2.6_1.png
2.5.png
April 18, 2021 at 9:11 am #8563899

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey there,

I checked the About page here:
hidden link

and I could see the Not one less. text. However, I'm not sure how it's created so I will need to access the dashboard area and check the page in the backend. In this case, could you give me access to the dashboard area, please? The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

I will have a look at the strings from this blog post too:
hidden link

Thanks,
Radu

April 18, 2021 at 1:57 pm #8564987

hoi-lamW

- In BLOG DETAILS page of Chinese,

The title "tag" cannot be translated to "標籤"
hidden link

There are many "tag" wording in String Translation, that I do not know which one matching to this title.

In BLOG DETAILS page of Chinese, the title
April 19, 2021 at 2:36 pm #8573627

Radu
Supporter

Hey there,

It's hard to say which one of the Tag elements from WPML → String Translation area is the one from the page you attached. I would start with the one from the salient text domain because it might be a part of the theme, but you can move on with translating all the other versions too.

The credentials that you send to me didn't work (I get a message that the username is incorrect) so that's why I'm suggesting starting with translating the Tag string.

Thanks,
Radu

April 19, 2021 at 3:50 pm #8574257

hoi-lamW

Hi Radu,

I have updated the credentials :
The username should be "vegreenian@gmail.com"

Hope you can help and advise the problem in ABOUT, BLOG and BLOG DETAILS pages mentioned.

Thanks a lot!

April 19, 2021 at 6:54 pm #8575485

Radu
Supporter

Hey there,

Can you check the Tag word here, please?
hidden link

It should be translated well now, I just added the translation for it in WPML → String Translation area.

Thanks,
Radu

April 20, 2021 at 12:42 pm #8581693

hoi-lamW

Checked but the tag in the page has not been translated :
hidden link

6FE3FCC5-6772-437F-A056-7D072425A534.jpeg
April 21, 2021 at 10:38 am #8589665

Radu
Supporter

Hey there,

Can you clear the cache or try a different browser maybe? I checked again this link:
hidden link

and the word is translated well. Please see the attached screenshot.

Thanks,
Radu

Screenshot 2021-04-21 at 14.36.46.png
April 24, 2021 at 3:41 pm #8614929

hoi-lamW

Hi Radu,

See it now! Surprising that you can find the exact "Tag" to translate. I even don't know which "Tag" string you picked in WPML → String Translation area, as I have said that many "tag" wording in String Translation, and I do not know which one matching to this title.

By the way, for the term "Not one less." cannot be translated to "不可或缺" in ABOUT page of Chinese (hidden link) You have said that you could see the "Not one less." text after checked the page. Would you please access the dashboard area and check the page in the backend with my credentials I provided?

There are 3 terms I cannot search for them in String Translation too.
In BLOG page of Chinese,
(1) The term "By vegreenian" (On hero image) cannot be translated to "vegreenian著"
(2) The term "Previous Post" cannot be translated to "上一篇"; (3) "Next Post" cannot be translated to "下一篇" as I tried to translate same wording of these 2 terms but cannot match the correct ones related to these two buttons in String Translation.
hidden link

Hope you can help and advise. Thanks a lot!

April 26, 2021 at 12:25 pm #8624589

Radu
Supporter

Hey there,

Please check the About page now:
hidden link

The Not one less. text is translated now. It seems that this was created using a custom WPBakery widget which was not compatible with WPML. However, I created the code by following the steps from the documentation here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/maintaining-wpbakery-page-builder-compatibility-with-wpml/

added it to WPML → Settings → Custom XML Configuration tab, and then the text was available for translation just like any other text from the page.

As for the "By", "Previous Post", and "Next Post" strings from here:
hidden link

they were all available for translation in WPML → String Translation area. All I had to do is add the translation for them.

Thanks,
Radu

April 26, 2021 at 3:20 pm #8627529

hoi-lamW

Although I do not quite understand the documentation you followed to create the code :
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/maintaining-wpbakery-page-builder-compatibility-with-wpml/

And don't know how can you "add the translation" for below these strings :
"By", "Previous Post", and "Next Post"

Thanks for helping on this ticket!

April 27, 2021 at 11:29 am #8634015

Radu
Supporter

Hey there,

The WPBakery module that contains the Not one less. text is not compatible with WPML so I had to follow the steps by step tutorial from here in order to create a simple XML code:

This way, WPML will understand how to handle this custom WPBakery module and make the Not one less. text available for translation.

As for the "By", "Previous Post", and "Next Post" strings, I just searched for them in WPML → String Translation area and added the translation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

Thanks,
Radu

May 2, 2021 at 11:09 am #8670403

hoi-lamW

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!