This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by fiorenzaB 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
May 22, 2018 at 9:52 am #2206501

fiorenzaB

Hi, I updated WordPress to 4.9.6 and when I try to activate the plugin Multilingual CMS the WP dashboard is turning blank.
Many thanks.
Fiorenza

May 22, 2018 at 5:44 pm #2210857

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

If you are still experiencing the blank screen you can deactivate WPML manually from within your wp-content/plugins folder by adding ".deactivate" at the end of the plugin's folder.

I would need to see the detail of the error log . You can see how to enable debug logging here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Edit your wp-config.php file and add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

This will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents.

May 25, 2018 at 7:39 pm #2231586

fiorenzaB

Hello,
this is the contents of the error_log.txt:

[25-May-2018 19:06:25 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'InvalidArgumentException' with message 'element_id and type do not match for element_id:44 the database contains tax_category while this function was called with tax_nav_menu' in /home/fiore136/ideando.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms.deactivate/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-set-language.php:28
Stack trace:
#0 /home/fiore136/ideando.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms.deactivate/sitepress.class.php(1466): WPML_Set_Language->set('44', 'tax_nav_menu', NULL, 'en', NULL, true)
#1 /home/fiore136/ideando.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms.deactivate/inc/wp-nav-menus/class-wpml-nav-menu.php(191): SitePress->set_element_language_details('44', 'tax_nav_menu', NULL, 'en')
#2 /home/fiore136/ideando.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms.deactivate/inc/wp-nav-menus/class-wpml-nav-menu.php(78): WPML_Nav_Menu->_set_menus_language()
#3 [internal function]: WPML_Nav_Menu->init('')
#4 /home/fiore136/ideando.co.uk/wp-includes/class- in /home/fiore136/ideando.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms.deactivate/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-set-language.php on line 28
[25-May-2018 19:11:33 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$plugin in /home/fiore136/ideando.co.uk/wp-includes/class-wp-list-util.php on line 150
[25-May-2018 19:11:33 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$plugin in /home/fiore136/ideando.co.uk/wp-includes/class-wp-list-util.php on line 150
[25-May-2018 19:14:17 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$plugin in /home/fiore136/ideando.co.uk/wp-includes/class-wp-list-util.php on line 150
[25-May-2018 19:14:17 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$plugin in /home/fiore136/ideando.co.uk/wp-includes/class-wp-list-util.php on line 150
[25-May-2018 19:17:11 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$plugin in /home/fiore136/ideando.co.uk/wp-includes/class-wp-list-util.php on line 150
[25-May-2018 19:17:11 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$plugin in /home/fiore136/ideando.co.uk/wp-includes/class-wp-list-util.php on line 150
[25-May-2018 19:29:28 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'InvalidArgumentException' with message 'element_id and type do not match for element_id:44 the database contains tax_category while this function was called with tax_nav_menu' in /home/fiore136/ideando.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-set-language.php:28
Stack trace:
#0 /home/fiore136/ideando.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php(1466): WPML_Set_Language->set('44', 'tax_nav_menu', NULL, 'en', NULL, true)
#1 /home/fiore136/ideando.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/wp-nav-menus/class-wpml-nav-menu.php(191): SitePress->set_element_language_details('44', 'tax_nav_menu', NULL, 'en')
#2 /home/fiore136/ideando.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/wp-nav-menus/class-wpml-nav-menu.php(78): WPML_Nav_Menu->_set_menus_language()
#3 [internal function]: WPML_Nav_Menu->init('')
#4 /home/fiore136/ideando.co.uk/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): call_user_func_array(Array in /home/fiore136/ideando.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-set-language.php on line 28

Many thanks.

May 29, 2018 at 4:05 am #2242774

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

There is a wrong entry within your database, this can happen sometimes

'element_id and type do not match for element_id:44 the database contains tax_category while this function was called with tax_nav_menu'

if possible i can gain access to the backend and try to resolve this for you

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you,
Bobby

May 29, 2018 at 5:38 pm #2247658

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

I switched the type of the element id to "tax_nav_menu" , the issue should be resolved now

please let me know your results when enabling WPML.

May 30, 2018 at 2:49 pm #2251932

fiorenzaB

Many thanks. The issue is resolved.