This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
May 10, 2019 at 6:53 pm #3787471

Patrick Cruz

so I just got this from WordPress 5.2:

On Page Save we got a 502 and it looks like the cause is WPML:

Howdy!

Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.

In this case, WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, WPML Multilingual CMS.

Error Details ============= An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 143 of the file
/var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/menu/post-menus/post-edit-screen/wpml-meta-boxes-post-edit-html.class.php.
Error message: Uncaught Error: Cannot use object of type WP_Error as array in
/var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/menu/post-menus/post-edit-screen/wpml-meta-boxes-post-edit-html.class.php:143
Stack trace: #0
/var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/menu/post-menus/post-edit-screen/wpml-meta-boxes-post-edit-html.class.php(57):
WPML_Meta_Boxes_Post_Edit_HTML->translation_priority() #1
/var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php(1974):
WPML_Meta_Boxes_Post_Edit_HTML->render_languages(Object(WP_Post)) #2 /var/www/html/wp-admin/includes/template.php(1304):
SitePress->meta_box(Object(WP_Post), Array) #3 /var/www/html/wp-admin/edit-form-advanced.php(635):
do_meta_boxes(Object(WP_Screen), ‘side’, Object(WP_Post)) #4 /var/www/html/wp-admin/post.php(197):
include('/var/www/html/w…') #5 {main}

thrown

I have reverted back to our last version which is 4.2.4.1 which is working without any issues.

Thanks!

May 10, 2019 at 7:37 pm #3787691

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

I would need to see the detail of the error log. You can see how to enable debug logging here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
define('WP_DEBUG', true);

This will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents.

The topic ‘[Closed] WordPress 5.2 + WPML 4.2.6’ is closed to new replies.