This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, WPML Multilingual CMS.

Solution: Go to WPML-> Support ->Troubleshooting and click the below buttons:

+ Clear Cache in WPML + Set Language information + Fix element types collation + Remove ghost entries from the translation tables + Assign translation status to duplicated content + Set language information

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by cooldeep 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
July 23, 2019 at 8:50 am #4264099

cooldeep

Hi,

I received this mail from the WordPress Internal Mailer of my dev. site. Please find the mail content below:

Howdy!

Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.

In this case, WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, WPML Multilingual CMS.

First, visit your website (hidden link) and check for any visible issues. Next, visit the page where the error was caught (hidden link) and check for any visible issues.

Please contact your host for assistance with investigating this issue further.

If your site appears broken and you can't access your dashboard normally, WordPress now has a special "recovery mode". This lets you safely login to your dashboard and investigate further.

hidden link...................

To keep your site safe, this link will expire in 1 दिन. Don't worry about that, though: a new link will be emailed to you if the error occurs again after it expires.

Error Details
=============
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 32 of the file /public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-set-language.php. Error message: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: element_id and type do not match for element_id:69538 the database contains post_attachment while this function was called with post_post in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-set-language.php:32
Stack trace:
#0 /public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php(1489): WPML_Set_Language->set(69538, 'post_post', false, 'ne', NULL, true)
#1 /public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/post-translation/wpml-post-translation.class.php(325): SitePress->set_element_language_details(69538, 'post_post', false, 'ne', NULL)
#2 /public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/post-translation/wpml-post-translation.class.php(172): WPML_Post_Translation->maybe_set_elid(false, 'post', 'ne', 69538, NULL)

July 23, 2019 at 9:37 am #4264643

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be assisting you further on this issue.

Could you please go to WPML-> Support ->Troubleshooting and click the below buttons:

+ Clear Cache in WPML
+ Set Language information
+ Fix element types collation
+ Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
+ Assign translation status to duplicated content
+ Set language information

Also, if the above solution doesn't help, could you please try the solution provided from here and let me know if this helps: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-is-throwing-an-fatal-error/#post-1372939

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

July 24, 2019 at 7:22 am #4270975

cooldeep

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!