Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.79 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
August 26, 2016 at 12:12 pm #1024193

steve

After updating plugins I got Collation error messages on my site and admin area.

Having read here and elsewhere about disabling plug ins and checking to see which might be causing the problem I thought this would help - but the error message is preventing me from logging in to the admin dashboard.

Can you suggest any solution?

Thanks

August 26, 2016 at 2:06 pm #1024460

Bruno

Thank you for contacting us.

All database tables must have the same collation. This error is happening because some table has different collations.

Please, could you access PHPMyAdmin (or some other database manager) from its host and, in the "Collation" check if there is any difference? I will attach a picture for you to see.

If yes, go to the table that is in the wrong collation utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci, and change to the correct collation utf8mb4_unicode_ci.

If you do not know how to do this, please let me know if you want me to do it for you.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] WordPress database error: [Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT)’ is closed to new replies.